30 DS for a big girl!!!

Options
I am going to start the 30DS tonight after I get home from work. I have read all the reviews and have seen some great results from others on MFP. But my questions is this. I am a bigger girl (250 pounds) and I am wondering if anyone else this size has been able to do this and see results? I have an umbilical hernia and I don't want to hurt that (maybe I will wear my abdominal brace) I think maybe I am just psyching myself out because I have heard it is hard to do. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kristy.

Replies

• MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS a couple of summers ago, and I was about 220. It was difficult, and I stayed in Level 1 for over 2 months, but I did lose quite a few inches. Just take it a day at a time, do what you can...if I had trouble with certain things (jumping rope killed me), then I ran in place to keep my heart rate up. I also added extra cardio in. Good luck!
  • becks2089
    becks2089 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 280 and have done the 30 day shred. You'll lose inches and what not, not neccesarily tens of pounds. Of course we all know that losing weight and seeing a significant different in appearance is based on our diet, not what 100 percent on the exercises we do. You'll do fine. Only you know your body, so be sure to pay attention to what hurts and what feels uncomfortable. The video isn't that long, so you could probably get another 20 or 25 minutes of walking in after or before, to assure that you'll see some sort of results.