C25K week 4 - did I really just RUN for 5 mins straight?

Options
candicejn
candicejn Posts: 458 Member
:D

Why yes. Yes I did. Twice. I also ran for 3 minutes twice. And I didn't fall over or feel like I was going to die.

6 months ago, I could barely run for 30 seconds. I started working out 5X week in January, walking on the treadmill and occasionally using the bike. I started C25K 5 weeks ago, did week 1 twice and then did week 3 twice (until I was comfortable with the 3 minute runs). Then today, I did week 4 day 1 and I felt strong through the whole thing.

I feel amazing! I plan to do each week twice at this point so I don't get discouraged. But even with that, I should be running 5Ks by this Summer. That would never have even been a thought in my mind last Summer. Woohoo! :D

Just had to share my excitement :)

Replies

• Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Well done you. I hope to be able to say the same in a day or 2. I completed the last run of week 3 last nite and am planning to do week 4 run 1 tomorrow. I'm a bit scared about the big jump up from week 3 but reading ur post makes me hopeful I can do it too.

Congratulations again.
  • rhodauni
    rhodauni Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm on week two right now and it feels really good. Have you noticed doing C25K has helped you lose weight?
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just did W4d1 yesterday. Before hand I thought I was going to die and would never make it but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected! I did manage to finish just kept telling myself its only so many minutes out of your life don't be a wuss and keep going. This is nothing in the long run. You can do it! haha. Great job!
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about doing thid program. How is it so far? I am not a runner but I would like to be or at least try it out :laugh:
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Awesome! I'm modifying the C25k program for myself because my 5k is in 2 weeks, so I'm starting week 6 this week. It's a great feeling to know that you ran for an extended amount of time. I just ran 2 miles straight (30 min) on Saturday! I cannot believe it myself! Keep it going, and you won't regret it :D
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Way to go...I am about to start Week 3! (after 4 weeks..only because I took about 2 weeks to finish the second week). You will keep getting stronger and stronger. Keep it up!
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm on Week 3. I was so amazed last night when I hit three minutes straight. I have NEVER (not even as a child) run for three minutes straight. I appreciate your excitement and share it! Keep up the good work!
  • woodsk67
    woodsk67 Posts: 88
    Options
    Way to go ! I am wrapping up week two on c2k
  • Brandip714
    Options
    Yay for you!! I am also on week 4! I went into it thinking "Okay, if I can't do it then I won't be discouraged. I'll just go back and repeat week 3- No big deal." But I did it and felt fine at the end! It's a great feeling isn't it?
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi,

That is awesome!! I am struggling with my Pooch to 5K training, running the 90 seconds, I am repeating week 2 for the third week, but I am seeing improvement.
  • surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    I did C25k and finished it 2 months ago...you can definitely do it and it will certainly help with your weight loss goals! keep at it!
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I finished week 2 yesterday and will run day 1 of week 3 tomorrow. I am sooooo excited about this program! What a super idea, and the way you can absolutely tailor it to meet your individual needs is invaluable. I've signed up for my very first RUNNING 5k, though I've walked - and quickly - for years. The date is June 23d. :-) Congratulations on your achievement!!!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well done! You think THIS is great, just imagine how you're going to feel when you hit that 20 minute run at the end of week 5 - and you WILL nail it, just like you nailed this! I know this because I have just completed week 6. And each and every milestone will make you even giddier I can promise!

And well done to everyone else on the c25k journey as well, it's a fantastic programme and for me has been the turnaround factor in my lifestyle for sure :)
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Isnt this program AMAZING!!!!! I remember the same feeling...GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I started out not being able to run for a minute straight...today I knocked out almost 11 miles! Feel free to add me for more support!!! Shoot me a message and I will add ya! Good for you!
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! You're doing great!
  • candicejn
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this really is fantastic! If you are considering doing C25K, DO IT!!! Do each week once, twice, three times, whatever. Just DO IT!! :D
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAY for you :o)

I just did my first "official" 5k on Saturday....I completed it in 51:08 minutes :o) that was with a pit stop !! I am doing another this coming Saturday and hope to shave some time off of that.......

oh yeah, I am 42 :o)
  • rhodauni
    rhodauni Posts: 5
    Options
    I love it! You start out with walking and jogging. It's very doable. The great thing is that you can actually go at your own pace--so if it takes you four or five workouts instead of three to conquer a "week" so be it. The sense of accomplishment you have after you complete a workout and week so so motivating it helps propel you into the next one!
  • candicejn
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm on week two right now and it feels really good. Have you noticed doing C25K has helped you lose weight?

Yes, I do notice a difference in my losses. I've lost every week since I started, which is awesome for me!! :)
  • mrspike06
    Options
    Great Job! I tried that 2 years ago and had problems with my knees and ended up giving up. I've got a different mind set this time around and some great support. I was excited to run 2/walk 2 for a full 30 min for the first time. Reading about all of you that are on the program makes me think I need to give it another shot - motivation to push myself harder ;). I just signed my 5 yr old son and I up for a 1 mile race together for his school. I think that is pretty exciting as a first time race.:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!