Questions about Vacation travel

Options
lq022
lq022 Posts: 232 Member
Hey MFPers!! Non-diet related question: For those who have been to Cancun Mexico in the past few months --- Is it safe?? I am planning a trip for August but some are worried with the drugs/violence down there that safety in cancun will be an issue. Does anyone have information on this?

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    yes. Safe. Go have fun.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Our customers in Mexico say don't come..but I know people who have been there and are going within the next month and they think its fine...so....

If it was me, I wouldn't go, but its just me.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I didn't go to cancun but I went to Cabo and it was fine, you just have to be careful with any out of country vacation
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    We are staying in an All-Inclusive resort so we aren't going to be going into cancun city ... we will stay within the "hotel zone"
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out what people are saying on tripadvisor.com? I LOVE that site and use it all the time to make sure where I am staying is safe.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've never been myself but I've heard that as long as you stay within the resort, you're safe. I like the idea posted above about checking sites like tripadvisor that will give reviews of the place you're going to.