Registered for the Philly RnR Half Marathon!

Options
And I am so excited!! Anyone on here doing it too? It isn't until Sept. 16, but that gives me 24 weeks to train and I will be doing Hal Hidgeon's Novice 2 Plan. Since I have such a long time to train, and the plan is 12 weeks long, I am going to do each week twice in a row. Hopefully that works out!

Happy running :)

Replies

• mtneerjk81
    mtneerjk81 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm running in the Illinois Marathon on April 28th. I wish you the best of luck in your race! But since I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, I have nothing positive to say about the rest of the Philly runners. ;-)
  • mpeace1406
    mpeace1406 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your marathon training!! I'm actually from NJ and living in NY now, so I am all over the place haha
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Since I have such a long time to train, and the plan is 12 weeks long, I am going to do each week twice in a row. Hopefully that works out!

Sounds like fun (I wish we'd get some of the RnR events here in the frozen tundra.....))

Are you running already? If so you may want to do some of the earlier weeks in their regular sequence and then duplicate some of the intermediate/longer weeks to give you more time to acclimate to the longer runs.

Have fun!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I did it a year ago, nice flat terrain

You will love it
  • mpeace1406
    Options
    Brian- I ran 6.8 miles last weekend (11k), so I think I will take your advice and duplicate the longer/middle runs. Thanks!! :)
  • mpeace1406
    Options
    I did it a year ago, nice flat terrain

You will love it

Awesome!! I am so glad it is a fun race!!
  • Runner_Bob
    Runner_Bob Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hope your training is going well. I can't believe it is only 19 days away! This will be my 1st half marathon and am pretty excited! Best of luck to you, Bob