Ideas for low protein foods

Options
Hi everyone! Each day I seem to be over my protein amount when I haven't yet reached my allotted carbs, fats and calories. Does anyone have any food items that are low in protein but will still add to my carbs and fat grams? I didn't realize that there is protein in almost everything. I guess I never paid much attention to the protein grams before. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising and don't have any kidney problems, the extra protein will help you with weight loss.

Go for 0.4-0.6g of protein per day.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Hi everyone! Each day I seem to be over my protein amount when I haven't yet reached my allotted carbs, fats and calories. Does anyone have any food items that are low in protein but will still add to my carbs and fat grams? I didn't realize that there is protein in almost everything. I guess I never paid much attention to the protein grams before. Thanks for your help!

Don't worry about it if you go a little over, or even quite a bit, as long as your calories and saturated fats are in check. These numbers on here are guidelines and not really meant to be rigid rules. Your body can process about a gram per 2 pounds of body weight (or 1g per kg of weight) unless you already have kidney issues. So as long as you are below that... and that's a lot of protein... you'll be just fine.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am always over on protein. Everything I have read indicates I should have 75-100 g of protein a day.

No worries!!:flowerforyou:
  • NMartinoff
    Options
    Thanks! That helps!!!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

Haha, I meant 0.4-0.6g of protein per pound.
  • hamton
    hamton Posts: 245
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I can't get enough protein. Trying to get 300g of protein / day is pretty hard.

If you just want carb, then eat fruits and veggies. Bread has carb too if you want.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you can manually adjust your goals you know. the site gives 15% as the basic protein amount, I usually find that to be low for anyone doing even moderate exercise, try upping your protein in the goals --> custom section to about 20% (and lowering your carbs by the same amount), I'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Haha, I meant 0.4-0.6g of protein per pound.

Ghanie, I love your new av!!:heart: