Slim in 6'ers

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
Hey everyone! Today I started the Slim in 6 program. I've seen a lot of people on the message boards that are doing this program. I know that everyone is at different phases but, I was thinking (and hoping) that we could start a topic dedicated to our successes! Everyone being at different phases will help others who haven't gotten to that point yet. You know, encouragement and "kudos" to us all at different stages so that we can keep each other motivated...:drinker:

Let's see a show of hands! Who is with me on this?!!!:wink::wink:

Replies

• Ahmee2034
    Options
    Come on guys & gals! I see a lot of views of this topic but no takers...Where ya at?!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    What is it? Could you give a little more info?
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi! I just started it on Monday I would love to hear success stories about the program - it will be more motivating. I hope I see the kind of results that I have been hearing about!
  • soon2bfit
    soon2bfit Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! I have just a little under 3 weeks of the program left. I have lost 6 pounds, and it would be more if I had done it 100% and eaten like it says. So, the time I have left, I am going to give it my all. I like the idea of the thread. Good luck!

Mandi
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    What is it? Could you give a little more info?

Well, since this is my first day on the program, I suggest you google it. Trust me, you won't have any trouble finding research on it. Don't let how easy it looks fool you. It almost fooled me and I almost didn't get it. I'm so glad I did. It really is the best workout program I've seen in a while. I know I can achieve the body I'm working toward with Slim in 6, healthy eating, healthy living. You can come along for the ride and hop on or just drop in to see our progress. Whichever you decide, I hope you find the support and encouragement I found just from topics like this.

Good luck.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Hi! I have just a little under 3 weeks of the program left. I have lost 6 pounds, and it would be more if I had done it 100% and eaten like it says. So, the time I have left, I am going to give it my all. I like the idea of the thread. Good luck!

Mandi

Great! 3 weeks, huh? So, are you doing the whole WOWY thing, too? I am. I like it. I haven't been able to do a before pic yet, though. Don't know how to do that on my own...
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday also but I'm looking forward to finishing this and hearing other people's success stories.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Hi! I just started it on Monday I would love to hear success stories about the program - it will be more motivating. I hope I see the kind of results that I have been hearing about!

Awesome! Great minds think alike. It isn't a competition, it is motivation, support and encouragement. Also, I thought that we could share tips on how we deal/dealt with certain things during certain phases of the program.

As for seeing results, I REALLY have no doubts about that. I really feel that, if I am committed to the program, eat healthy, and just DO IT, I will see results. We CAN do this together. Let's not sputter to a stop with this...keep the momentum going...:flowerforyou:
  • wwalke02
    Options
    6lbs in 3 weeks is great!! Good job! Have you been doing it 6 days a week? Are you doing any other exercise along w/ it?
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    :grumble: Hey y'all! Sorry I'm so late. I haven't been home all day. My son had a check up with the surgeon and, get this, while we were there, my hubby has a kidney stone attack in the doctor's office!!!!! Been crazy all day. The meds they gave my husband is making...well...nuts! It was kinda funny at first, now it's just annoying.

Anyway, obviously I haven't been able to workout yet but hope to later. I really can't leave my hubby on his own. I found him wandering outside while I was in the bathroom! So, how are you all doing today? :wink:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Okay, well. Maybe this dedicated topic wasn't such a great idea! I'm gonna hold off til at least Tuesday to see if maybe its just 'cause its the weekend that no one is posting. I was really hoping Slim in 6'ers would unite and support one another. As long as everyone is making progress...
  • wwalke02
    Options
    1 Week down, 5 more to go! I finished it Start it UP this week. I was able to get it in 5 days this week rather than 6, but that is better than nothing. I am anxious to see what the scale looks like on Tuesday. I had a few too many cookies last night, so I hope I didnt ruin all my hard work this week. How is everyone else doing? I am anxious to see how Ramp it Up goes?
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    You have got to let me know how Ramp It Up is! I can't wait to get to working out again...
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did Ramp it up last night. OMG that was a really good workout. It was hard but I am looking forward to it this afternoon.
  • wwalke02
    Options
    I also did Ramp it Up last night. Your right, it was a great workout. Time actually went by pretty fast. I am a little sore today. I plan on doing it tonight again when I get home.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Well, I've been wogging 2 miles a day since I started working again this week. I'm GOING to do Slim in 6 tonight! I don't care what is going on...Instead of "Calgon take me away!" its "Slim in 6 work me over!!!!!"
  • wwalke02
    Options
    Ontheskinnyroad - How did you log the Ramp it Up exercise?
  • landry1
    landry1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i just got it in the mail on Friday and Sunday I got a pinched nerve in my lower back so I will start on Monday. Is anyone doing the 6 day challenge to get started? are any of you taking the supplements and meal replacement shakes?
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Options
    I just started the Slim in 6 program yesterday so I don't have a lot of success to report. Although, I'm doing the express meal plan for the first week and have already lost 2.5 pounds! (I'm sure most of that is water, but it's still encouraging!)

And yes, don't be fooled by how easy it looks. I'm a regular at the gym and after doing the first workout yesterday my legs are killing me from all the squats... I can barely walk up the stairs without looking like I have a load in my pants! :laugh:
  • wwalke02
    Options
    No, I haven't followed their meal plans or taken any supplements. Maybe I will look into following one of the meal plans for a week or so.

2.5lbs in 2 days - Awesome! That is definitely motivating.