NSV (and my first post)

Options
Been on MFP for about 2 months, lost 9 lbs (goal is 10 to get back to where I was in early December, another 10 to see what it looks like, but only need to lose another 5 before I'm at my lowest adult weight), still adjusting to the thought of eating back all my calories but I do try to eat back half of them (since I don't trust calorie counts). I've been running almost every day and have seen a huge difference in my speed and distance; my trainer is a runner and really helped me become more efficient and comfortable. I typically run for 60-70 minutes on the treadmill 5 days/wk (well, slightly less on the day I do strength training with him), and then a longer outdoor run (80-85 minutes) one day a week.

On the treadmill I generally do 6 miles in an hour, but am slower outside, and the most I'd done outside was 7, maybe 7.25.

Today the gym was closed (owner is the only employee/trainer and he observes Easter Monday) and I decided to do a different outdoor run than one of my usual routes since I was already across town dropping my kids at school. There's a pretty popular and beautiful run that I've been driving along, and I decided to give it a try, figuring I'd run about 3 miles along the river then turn around before hitting the bridge that would put me on track to do the full 8.45 miles.

But guess what? I did the whole thing! 8.45 miles, and I almost kept going to make it a full 10 I felt so good (but didn't, just walked about another half mile). I never thought I could do it but I did, and it was awesome. Absolutely gorgeous views, long stretches where I was the only one running along the river, flowers in full bloom, city views, clear crisp air. Just awesome. Have to figure out a way to fit it in again soon!

And my time was pretty good, about 90 minutes. Yay!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!