I'm really doing it!!

Options
O.k. so I know a lot of you run, but let me tell you that running is not my strong suit. I have always had a really hard time with it!! So I set a goal for myself, to run 2 miles by the end of June. I started working on it 2 weeks ago, and today I completed my first mile!!!! It felt great, and now I'm half way to my goal that I thought I would never be able to do!!!!

Replies

• Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well done Eryn :happy:

I did a first tonight too.... i actually ran.... for the first time in years. I made sure no one was looking and went for it! lol

I'm amazed it felt good :happy:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Running?? HA HA HA. Try it with 40 DD's!!!! :devil: :sick: :sad:

No Can Do.

I opt for brisk walks instead until I loose the weight and get the breast reduction.

It's not by choice, it's Doc Reccommended!!!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good JOB! I WOULD love to run, I remember when I was 18 and could run really well, It is way too hard for me now, But like you I am gonna work my way up to it (BEsides that running is how I can drop weight like nothing):bigsmile:
  • Doitforbaby120808
    Options
    Good for you! I just ran for the first time day before yesterday and on monday I did an hour of hot power yoga amazing. Im hoping to be able to hit my first running mile by august! Im sure I can do it before that I just want to set a reasonable goal. I jost had my baby, have large breasts also 40 DD and have never really ran!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so awesome :flowerforyou:
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Best feeling ever.

I did that about two weeks ago and it took me about the same time to complete the mile...I am still out of shape and even though i have bad knees, its not a good enough excuse. What I actually have done to alter the monotony of running is changing the speed in 4 minute and 2 minute integrals. So… on the treadmill I run for 4 minutes at a 5.5 speed then slow down to a 4.0 speed and walk briskly for two minutes. It keeps me going for more than 30 minutes. I lose interest real fast just running.

but congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!