Hope for loose skin?

Options
I'm curious about loose skin. I've lost 24lbs so far and notice a definate differnce in my stomach area where I carry most of my weight.

Are there work outs that target minimizing the loose skin? Is it something you can fix (WITHOUT SURGER) or are you just kind of stuck with it?

Thanks for answering my ? in advance - I'm a newbie @ all this.

Mar

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure...I think it depends on the body and how long the skin has been stretched out! I'd be really interested to find out the answer!
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Doing some reading and it seems that losing weight slowly (1-2 lbs a week), taking vitamins and drinking your water helps aid in keep alot of loose skin at bay.

From what I've read over and over it's all about losing weight at a slow healthy rate so that the skin can keep up. Also, keeping clean and using cocoa butter lotion was what one guy added.

Ok - well I answered my own questions I guess. Hopefully anyone who has actually dealt with it will share.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Slow loss is definitely good, though genetics and age and amount lost definitely play a big role. If you're someone who has a lot of stretch marks (from weight gain or pregnancy), then you may not have very elastic skin and may always have a lot of looseness. I have this issue. My mom and sister also have a lot of stretch marks and saggy skin. It's just the hand we were dealt. If I could afford it, I'd definitely have my tummy and upper arms tucked once I get to my goal weight. All that flappin' around is uncomfortable.