How much do you noramlly spend on a 5K?

Options
2»

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The races out here in Southern Oregon can be spendy, I am thinking that the 15K I did a month ago was the cheapest at $25, but the sweatshirt was another $30. Bay to Breakers which is coming in May cost about $90 with the T shirt, The Color Run I just signed up for was $40.00 including the T shirt. Its all worth it to me though and I don't run! I walk these races.. have not gotten that far in my C25k!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I paid $20 for my first 5k last month and it came with a cotton T, a small knap sack and a few other goodies. The color run I'm signing up for is a 5k and is $50. You get a bag of goodies at the end though. If you wait till the last minute to sign up (if it hasn't sold out) the cost is $75 i beleive. I run in and around Nashville,Tn.
  • mccarol1956
    Options
    Nice! I will be at Bay to Breakers too! I am walking it though! Good luck with your runs.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Just checked my registration confirmation and Bay to Breakers was $73 after the participant tee option that I selected and the $6 processing fee. So a little more than I'd noted earlier.

And to mccarol, are you coming down from Oregon just for Bay to Breakers? That's pretty cool, and makes me feel less goofy for traveling to SoCal for the Disneyland runs. :)

I think the hardest part of that run, for me, will be when it goes through Hayes Valley two of my favorite shops in the City are on the street that the course follows. Will be hard to run past them without wanting to go in. lol
  • mccarol1956
    Options
    Just checked my registration confirmation and Bay to Breakers was $73 after the participant tee option that I selected and the $6 processing fee. So a little more than I'd noted earlier.

And to mccarol, are you coming down from Oregon just for Bay to Breakers? That's pretty cool, and makes me feel less goofy for traveling to SoCal for the Disneyland runs. :)

I think the hardest part of that run, for me, will be when it goes through Hayes Valley two of my favorite shops in the City are on the street that the course follows. Will be hard to run past them without wanting to go in. lol

Yes we are coming down to San Francisco for just the run. There is a group of us going for it. Most of us are walking it though. I hohpw to be able to run a 5K by the time the Color Run gets to Sacramento.. if not I guess I will be walking it too! LOL

I would totally go to Disneyland to do a Disney race! I do not think I will ever be able to run that far again though. It has been 27 years since I quit running!
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    that seems pretty high. my last half-marathon was only $50, one week before the race. I'm doing a 10k in a few weeks that is only $30 and includes all of the goodies.