CARB ADVICE

Options
i just changed my food setting to less carbs. i know its not good to cut out carbs 100% but i know my body and i know less carbs helps me loose weight. cutting my carbs lower then told to by MFP wrong?

Replies

• BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well I'm on a Keto diet and consume less then 30 grams a day and it hasn't hurt me one but. It's actually working gre
    at. So I would say no it's not gonna hurt you.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I eat a half dozen donuts before I workout and the other half after......:happy:
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Cutting carbs do help but to a certain point. You still need enough carbs in your diet to feel energized throughout the day, especially in the gym or while you're exercising.

Try out the 40%carb/30%fat/30%protein for macros to start out and see how you like it, and then reduce to 35% carbs for days you aren't as active.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i try and stick between 20-30 a day and I am fine, but I would strongly recommend keeping track of what else you do eat. Don't go to high in fat or cholesteral (atkins way).

My sister and I follow a similar plan of 2-30 carbs a day and after our last doctor visit discovered her cholesteral went sky high, but mine actually went lower! Similar eating patterns and food, but I tend to walk/run more and do more chicken and fish and she does less exercise (but "runs" after 7 kids) and eats more red meat, eggs and cheese. We both scatter in the same amount of veggies and fruit.