Help

Options
I have read many of these posts and found inspiration for others in them, but have had a hard time transferring this inspiration into my own motivation. I was following a good diet for awhile and had lost 10lbs. Then one day, I just stopped. I'd eat cake and red meat, sitting there, knowing what I was doing was wrong, and just continuing to eat it anyways, disregarding the 10lbs I had gotten off. Now, a month later, I am at 15lbs. FIVE more than when I began. And it's all in my face. Embarrassing. I bought The Great American Detox Diet book and a Vegan cookbook. I don't want to feel like these are wasted purchases. I want to stick to this diet and be thin again. My only source of exercise is my bike I guess, I'm no good at jogging. I walk about a mile and a half a day. If anyone can help me with anything, support, exercise ideas, tips, anything, I would be so appreciative. Thanks for reading this.

Replies

• sprit_if
    Options
    I have read many of these posts and found inspiration for others in them, but have had a hard time transferring this inspiration into my own motivation. I was following a good diet for awhile and had lost 10lbs. Then one day, I just stopped. I'd eat cake and red meat, sitting there, knowing what I was doing was wrong, and just continuing to eat it anyways, disregarding the 10lbs I had gotten off. Now, a month later, I am at 15lbs. FIVE more than when I began. And it's all in my face. Embarrassing. I bought The Great American Detox Diet book and a Vegan cookbook. I don't want to feel like these are wasted purchases. I want to stick to this diet and be thin again. My only source of exercise is my bike I guess, I'm no good at jogging. I walk about a mile and a half a day. If anyone can help me with anything, support, exercise ideas, tips, anything, I would be so appreciative. Thanks for reading this.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I try to keep bad things out of my house although that doesn't always happen with my fiance. AGGh there are two huge bags in my cupboard that have been haunting me for a week since he has bought them. Neither are open yet. hurrah for willpower. This site helps me a lot this is the longest I have ever stuck to a diet (two months today) and the people on here help me a lot. I haven't really lost motivation -well maybe for a meal or two- but as long as I log back on, my motivation is back. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
  • delightedin
    Options
    I would say that the only way I have found really works - and I'm working on it right now - is making lifestyle changes little by little, one at a time. If you are too rigid and overphase yourself, it's so easy to get back into old habits. Food is good, not bad, and your body is for you, not against you. It's tough but always best to think longterm and less about shedding pounds and being "skinny" and more about being healthier. Hope that helps. Keep at it!
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    For me the thing I have to remember i that just because I had a bad day doesn't mean it is over. My son had his birthday the other day and I LOVE cake. So instead of having the peice I normally would I had a few bites. And later that night I had a few more. And the next day I had a few. I find that telling myself I can't have it makes me want it more! I have also found a motivation that has really kept me going. I have not lost a pound but I can tell the fat is going and muscle is coming. My motivation is the wedding dress I want to fit into in November! I just keep thinking that even thought they make it in plus size it doesn't look as good plus it cost more!! All in all don't tell yourself you can't have things just limit how much you have.

Hope it helps!
    Heatther in TX
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Dieting is hard work. You need to make time everyday to exercise. You are young you should take control of the problem now instead of when you're older and it is harder to get into shape. Maybe you could recruit a friend to join a gym with you. I personally use exercise tape because I honestly don't have time to do the gym thing and we live in the country. You need to probably make small changes and learn to live with each of them before you make the next change. For example, if you like red meat and have no problem eating it, I wouldn't just switch to a vegan lifestyle. Maybe switch to eating red meat to only one a day for a while or 4 times a week or anything as long as it's a small change. that will make it easier to stick with. Also allow your self free days once a week to indulge in things you have been skipping in good health.

Good luck with your weight lose.
  • anglroxy9
    Options
    Keeps fruits and veggies on hand instead of junk food.
    an interesting tidbit of information i found is that people who got 7+ hours of sleep a night were less likely to be obese/overweight. . i find myself that if I get around 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night I do not eat as much the next day.
    you said you walk around a mile and a half a day. . everyday push yourself a little further and further and work you way up to 2 mi a day and so forth.

I hope some of these have helped you! Good luck! I'm right there with you!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Last summer I was looking at clothes and saw this adorable dress in a six 6. I said, "Geez, I'd kill to be a size 6 again." My daughter, who takes EVERYTHING I say literally, asked me, "Mom, who or what would you kill?" A light bulb went on in my head and I realized then that I could be a size 6 again, probably, but would not be as simple as I had phrased it. I knew it would take hard work, committment, lifestyle changes, and time. What I wasn't so sure of was if I wanted to spend the energy to make the changes. In Sept I decided to go for it, lost 20 pounds using a cleansing program, gained 10 back over the holidays, and started again, but with exercise and diet changes only, and feel that I am on the right track. I'm a recovering meth addict, so I know how challenging lifestyle changes can be. The group is the vehicle (in the form of support, charts, suggestions, guidelines, etc) but I AM THE FUEL THAT MAKES IT ALL WORK.

:flowerforyou: Hang in there, I believe when a person wants something badly enough, change will happen.