Pedometer Question.

Options
I bought a Pedometer a few weeks ago and wear it while at work. I do a fair amount of walking for my job. I drive a bulk delivery truck for Pepsi and unload pallets of product with an electric pallet jack from a Semi-Trailer for 8-10 hours a day anywhere from 6 to 8 stops a day. When filling out my profile here on MFP I put my activity level as active because one of the examples was "mailman". What I want to know is can/should I use the readings on the pedometer as exercise for the day or is that activity already covered by the amount of calories allotted by MFP according to my activity level? And yes, I know that the pedometer reading isn't completely accurate, and if I do end up using the numbers on it I will be subtracting 10%.

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Your daily activity level will more than account for those numbers logged on your pedometer. To be honest, I think when it says "mailman" as an active job, it's talking about the guys that do it on foot or on bike for 8+ a day, not the ones that drive! I would drop my activity level if I were you to save from disappointment in case the numbers don't really match? It's always better to underestimate than overestimate when it comes to calories burned in a day.

Personally, I have my activity set to sedentary, then I know any activity I log is a genuine calorie earner, and not accidentally accounted for more than once (i.e. by my exercise logging AND by mfp's own calorie allowance)