What happens if you can't eat all your cals?

Options
What happens if you can't eat all your cals? I have like 600+ cal left and its 7:56pm?

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    do you like peanut butter?:tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    at 7:57 pm the world will stop turning and the cars will run off the road

seriously tho
    nothing happens

you just need to plan bigger portions earlier in the day next time

its OK
  • jaimebarth
    jaimebarth Posts: 31
    Options
    When that happens to me I have a bowl of my favorite cereal. Probably not the best thing to do right before bed but I really like it:happy:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

seriously tho
    nothing happens

its OK

Geez Dave... I was going to say you explode!
  • nurseannie
    nurseannie Posts: 21
    Options
    Yeah I LOVE peanut butter. I am not all that hungry but I needed to eat dinner or something?
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Okay, I"m new at this so don't laugh- but as long as you are over 1,200 cals, eating fewer calories is better, right?
  • dbenson48
    dbenson48 Posts: 43
    Options
    Yes, Just because you earn extra calories dont mean you have to eat them! You will loose more weight faster if you dont.:drinker:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I've just learned it depends on how heavy you are, and your personal chemistry. I have over a hundred pounds to lose, and am currently eating about 1/3 of my exercise cals (those are the ones you burn on top of you base cals e.g. 1200) But if you don't have as much to lose, eat those calories so your body doesn't turn on you and start burning lean tissue for fuel. There are lots of great threads on this written by banks. You can do a search in the forum. Hope this helps more than it confuses! :laugh:
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You donate them to someone that can use them, like me. :tongue:

seriously what are you people eating? I NEVER have this problem! EVER! :laugh:
  • mslopez4896
    Options
    I also NEVER EVER EVER have this problem - I am jealous!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is good and so is hummus!
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i understand i generally have about 700 calories left at the end of the day and if i were to eat anything else i would have to force myself
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Yes, Just because you earn extra calories dont mean you have to eat them! You will loose more weight faster if you dont.:drinker:

i hear you lose weight really fast if you starve yourself completely. :noway: :huh:
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    Stop thinking in days - look at the bigger picture and see how you look over several days or a week - think in terms of average calories per day in a week - this is how I have approached it and it seems to work (this includes sometimes eating exercise calories and sometimes not all of them) :glasses:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I personally go with whatever feels better for the day. Some days I'll fill it in with peanut butter, other days I'll just let it slide because I'm genuinely not hungry. For example I still have 700 calories to eat today thanks to my daily run, and I'm STUFFED because I had a massive dinner.

As a side note: did you know tomatoes are mostly water, so you can eat a whole one for like, 25 calories? Mmmmmm.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

i hear you lose weight really fast if you starve yourself completely. :noway: :huh:

That made me laugh so hard and quickly that I snorted.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    awesome. goal accomplished!:wink:

I'm glad you caught my subtle humor:bigsmile:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    You donate them to someone that can use them, like me. :tongue:

seriously what are you people eating? I NEVER have this problem! EVER! :laugh:

Ditto :grumble: :ohwell: :glasses:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

seriously tho
    nothing happens

its OK

Okay this was just way funny lolololololol
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I personally go with whatever feels better for the day. Some days I'll fill it in with peanut butter, other days I'll just let it slide because I'm genuinely not hungry. For example I still have 700 calories to eat today thanks to my daily run, and I'm STUFFED because I had a massive dinner.

As a side note: did you know tomatoes are mostly water, so you can eat a whole one for like, 25 calories? Mmmmmm.

and they have tons of potassium too, which is great. They're like a banana without all the sugar (well, not THAT much potatssium, but still a lot)