16bls down and dont see a differance..............

Options
so ive lost 16lbs but theres no differanc to my photos in my bikini:mad: ive got another 23lbs to go until my target but surely 16lbs should show by now? ive got two pictures in my photos if you want to take a look but im sure you will agree no differance :sad:

Replies

• zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I've lost about the same, and I can't really see a difference either. I stand in front of the mirror examining e ery inch, and nope, still the same!

That said, I'm fitting into smaller clothes, and getting more compliments so something must have changed somewhere.
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    exactly the same.......im smallers in my clothes which feels great until i put on a sodding bikini lol and the whole motivtion is a holiday i have booked in july and want to feel gorgeous in a bikini not hide away
    grrrrr bikinis are not body friendly lol
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I can't tell anything from the pics becuase they are not the same bikini in the same light from the same angle so there's too much difference from photo to photo to tell. What are you doing for exercise and are you doing and strength training? If not, that will make a major difference. Your weight loss will slow but your body will dramatically change over 8 to 12 weeks. Google New Rule of Lifting For Women
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Typically, I go through a cycle where I first lose weight, then stall a bit on the scale, but then lose inches. Give it some time, if you're losing weight it's coming from somewhere. And yes, strength training will help give you more (visual) results.
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I can definitely tell! In the stomach and the hips! :) Good job. Just keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    there is two of the same bikini one on holiday and one in my bedroom ................but agreed on the light and such an such
    the only exersize im doing is cycling to work 3 times a week 8 miles each day and walking my dog alot and walking alot more with my children instead of catcing a bus
    i have two small children and no babysitter so exersize has to either fit in with my children or done at home makes it slighty difficult i also dance about on zumba for the wii a few times a week
  • natwmartinez
    Options
    I feel the same way. I thought I was seeing a difference last week, but then I had a banquet and I looked just the same. I was totally depressed. I am changing up my workout plan and some of the foods I eat. Hope this makes it better!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I didn't see a difference in myself till I'd lost like 25-30lbs. It takes time.
    Don't get discouraged!
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    I can definitely tell! In the stomach and the hips! :) Good job. Just keep it up! :flowerforyou:

thank you. just wish i could see it for myself or the bikini would flatter abit more haha hopefully another 14lbs will make a big differance
  • alanalove
    Options
    definitely start strength training you may not lose as many kg but youll see the difference in your measurements and since youre toning up the results will be visible. you can buy resistance bands and do the training at home. you can get packs that come with the training dvd so youll have plenty of exercises to do :)
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    definitely start strength training you may not lose as many kg but youll see the difference in your measurements and since youre toning up the results will be visible. you can buy resistance bands and do the training at home. you can get packs that come with the training dvd so youll have plenty of exercises to do :)

brilliant i wil look to invest in some bands with a dvd i can do at home that is possibly a really good idea:smile:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Totally agree. The exercise you are doing is mostly cardio. Oftentimes when people lose weight and do cardio to help with calories burn, the scale goes down but the changes in how the body looks are not that dramatic. Strength training develops your body and show the difference the weight loss made. Can't recommend it enough!
  • prabsnation
    Options
    yeah, as other posters have stated strength training will make a huge difference for you. solely dieting, or solely dieting and cardio works wonders for the morbidly obese because the straight up loss of extra mass makes for a huge transformation in the mirror. once you start getting healthy though, lifting weights (strength training) makes women look so much hotter. you can tell instantly when a girl lifts or doesnt - and you don't have to lift a ton or anything to look good. have no fear about looking like a muscley model - those girls look the way they do because they train like professional athletes to put on as much muscle as possible. you will just sexify.
  • Pamu101
    Pamu101 Posts: 33
    Options
    strenght training is the key
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    starting to think this is wear im going wrong.
    im not obese im lose and podgy lol and it will stay lose unless i tone it up...................oh dammit that means i got to put more work in than just loosing weight by eating less and walking everywere:grumble:

ok so can anyone recomend anything else that i can do at home thats going to tone?
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Well, this topic helped me out a bit too. I am doing a lot of cardio because that is how I lost weight before. BUT, I am not seeing any results either, dispite being some weight down. Guessing that toning and strength training is the way to go now. Good Luck to you on your strength training...I also have to try and fit it in with the little one in the hosue and around my work schedule!

WE CAN DO IT!!!!
  • cremaster
    cremaster Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    THIS
  • staceydeelane
    Options
    so ive brought some ankle and wrists weights whats the best way to use these in strength training? also brought a ball thing and rowing bands whats the best was to use these items to tone up?#