Working hard to lose weight but gain instead

Options
I feel sooo bad right now. I am suposed to be doing the 30 day shred but i dont know if i should. i have been working so hard to lose weight and instead i gained 3.2 lbs this week. i have been logging my foods, eating healthy, and working out every day. i dont understand:cry: it seems nearly impossible to lose weight now, wats wrong with me? wat should i do?

any advice is welcomed:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't feel too bad if I were you. If you know you did everything humanly possible to meet a goal then that should be motivation enough! Just keep going and I'm sure you'll see the results that you want! Eating is key! Your metabolism is like a fire, you have to keep it buring to stay warm right. Well to keep it burning you have to eat! Talk to a dietician or your doctor, you may not be eating enough! I know that sounds crazy but it's true!!!

Best of luck to you!!!
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't stress over it hun!! :flowerforyou: I was like that a few weeks ago. I gained 3lbs i was stressin, but then my buddies said to relax you maybe too anxious and trying to hard. so i relaxed abit and the weight has been coming off. be proud of your self hun for doing your workouts as scheduled. it be hard for me to keep at it sometimes but we're all human!

shrug it off and keep moving! :happy:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Also remember that weight can fluctuate from 3-5 pounds daily from water weight....especially as females at that time of the month or right before. I can gain extra pounds by having a high sodium dinner and not drinking enough water... Hang in there it will come !
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi, I completely understand you! I've been struggling for several weeks now and all i've lost is 3 lbs =(

Maybe the weight you gained is from muscle you're building doing the shred!! And that would be a great thing! Maybe you should pay more attention to measurements rather than weight, or to the way your clothes fit you

Keep it up, you can do this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    THANKs EVERYONE!!! i will keep trying ... cant give up yet:flowerforyou:
    good nite
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    You could be working out TOO much. I know that sound weird but this is from an article about exercise mistakes from Shape magazines:

"The facts: If you don't rest enough between hard cardio or strength workouts, you'll stop making progress and may even lose some of the fitness you've gained. You're also likely to burn out on exercise.

The fix: To keep your muscles fresh and your motivation high, alternate shorter, tougher cardio workouts (for instance, 20 minutes) with longer, easier days (40-60 minutes). Don't go all-out more than twice a week. Keep in mind that the more intensely you train, the more time your body needs to recover. It's a good idea to do a couple of tough workouts and take 1 day completely off each week. On the strength-training front, take at least 1 day off between sessions that work the same muscle group."

This is the link to the whole article: http://www.shape.com/fitness/ten_fitness_faux_pas