It can be hiding in the measurements

Options
I was a little discouraged recently with the number on the scale and last month I took my measurements and measurement day came this past Saturday. I had lost 12.5 overall inches. 3.5 in my buns, 3.5 in my waist, 1.5 arms, Thighs .5, 3.25 in my chest. For those who haven't measured, I suggest doing it and the results can't lie in the tape measure. The scale can go up and down, but if you are working hard at the gym and eating right, the tape measure will show you the facts.... I am really trying to hard to make sure I don't let the scale be my guide. It is hard, but my clothes are fitting better, I feel better mentally and physically, so the effects of being healthy are truly a wonderful reward.

Best wishes to everyone out there on this same journey. It is not easy and there are good days and bad.... As long as we jump right back in when we fall down, it is a lifestyle change and change is not always easy.... :)

Replies

• tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Virtually no scale movement but 6 inches off my belly. The exciting part was I gained a half inch in my biceps from lifting my pathetic little dumb bells! I shudder to think what my original body fat percentage was.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A great reminder for us all.
    Congratulations on your fantastic progress!
  • 2012slimjim
    Options
    Completely with you there. Congratulations on your successes so far. It is really hard when we are used to the scale reading being a measure of success to look somewhere else for that measure. The tape however does not lie at all and is so much more accurate. I have been in a similar boat. I completed the 30ds last week and dropped 6.5 pounds but 23 inches in that time. I'll take the inches each and every time. My scalding has been stuck the past fortnight but the measurements are still moving down.

Good luck, take care, x
  • sommerskins
    Options
    Thank you all and congratulations to all of you as well..... I have learned so much on this journey so far and it is nice to share it with others.

Peace and LOVE!!!
  • M1ssBehave
    M1ssBehave Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks, this is so true,, more of our pals need to know,, thanks again and congrats
  • adunnahoe
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I have been down because the scale hasn't budged in 4 weeks. I was frustrated but after reading what you wrote I'll be going on to the gym today....Thanks for the encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!