sweet potato recipes!! help!

Options

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    All I ever really do is bake them whole then eat them. If pressed for time, i microwave, or cut up into smaller chunks and bake (it's faster than baking whole). Yes the skin is edible. DEEEElicious. They're also good leftover and cold too, but maybe that's just me.

Not just you, beanpole. Cold sweet potatoes are fricking delicious the next day on a salad.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Japanese Miso Curry
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    best recipe ever..
    1 red pepper chopped
    1 medium onion chopped
    2 veg stock cubes
    1 sweet potato diced

stick in pan boil in enough water to cover until all soft... blitz...... add seasoning to taste....
    DONE .... very excellent soup
    (can also be made with butter nut squash)
    No frying.... no messing... very few cals x
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Steam them. I add a sprinkling of whatever spices I have in the cupboard (cumin, tumeric, cayenne pepper etc) and drizzle a little olive oil. Whack it into the microwave for 4 minutes in one of those steaming tray thingys and eat.
  • rjsbdsjas
    rjsbdsjas Posts: 20
    Options
    These recipes all sound wonderful! Usually I just bake sweet potatoes in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil. Then I add a little butter and cinnamon before eating. Love them that way, but will have to try some of these ideas.
  • jbos76
    jbos76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here, but love to cook :) I always rinse my potatoes before I bake them. It is supposed to make sure that they are not mushy when I make fries.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like them just baked like potatoes!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to do sweet potato fries are to cut into strips, and put in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, 1-2 tsp chili powder sprinkled on top, and 1-2 tsp broken up rosemary sprigs. Lay out evenly on a no stick cookie sheet and salt to taste. Bake @ 425 for approx 15 mins then pull out and toss. Normally I take one to cool and taste to see how done they are. Depending on how thick or thin you cut your fries, times will vary. But after the initial 15 minutes and flip, put them back in and check about every 5-7 minutes until they are done to your liking. If i'm cooking other stuff and the potatoes look like they will be done before everything else. The last 5 minutes I just turn the oven off and leave them in the oven until they are ready to go on the plate. Enjoy!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    World's best Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries

Peel then cut sweet potato into wedges.
    toss with 1 tsp olive oil
    sprinkle with original Mrs. Dash
    Chop up a sprig of fresh rosemary, toss
    Bake at 450 for 30 minutes
  • MelBee29
    MelBee29 Posts: 73
    Options
    cant wait to try some of these recipes !
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Poke holes in it and microwave on high until soft. Takes about 7 - 10 minutes.

Make a sweet potato pie.
  • mkgates121
    Options
    I make sweet potato fries and love them. I spray the pan and cut up potatoes with cooking spray then sprinkle them with canine seasoning and bake at 475 until crisp. Also I haven't tried it but u could do rosemary mashed sweet potatoes.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    bumping for later

i am going to have to try some of these recipes!!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    easiest and best:

1. prick 3 times with fork.
    2. place on baking sheet
    3. bake 400 degrees for about an hour (until soft when poked with fork).

If you have a delay feature on your oven, this is the best! takes 30 seconds to prep, throw in the oven, program the delay, eat when you get home!!!!

serve split with some light butter, devour with a spoon. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My favorite is so easy (and boring) but DELICIOUS! I usually buy the really big ones, so I microwave them for about 10 minutes (less if smaller, don't forget to poke them with a fork!) and then just put about 1 T. of butter and sprinkle cinnamon on top. YUM YUM!
  • downsizedanno
    Options
    Rosemary-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
    Low Calorie Recipe

By Fitness and Freebies

Roasted potatoes with pine nuts seasoned with garlic, rosemary and parsley. Serve as a side dish to accompany a poultry entree.

Recipe Ingredients

2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
    1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
    3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2-tablespoon dried
    2 tablespooons chopped parsley
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    Recipe Directions

Sweet Potatoes In casserole dish, combine sweet potatoes, garlic, rosemary and olive oil. Toss to coat. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, turning occasionally.

Just before serving, sprinkle with pine nuts, parsley, salt and pepper.

I pretty much do the same thing, but toss in some parmesan cheese. This works really well with butternut squash as well.
  • misshilary
    Options
    soo... aren't sweet potatoes supposed to be orange??
    i cut my open and it was white inside!! is it not ripe??
    what's going on!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    soo... aren't sweet potatoes supposed to be orange??
    i cut my open and it was white inside!! is it not ripe??
    what's going on!

No no, it's ok!

Some are white inside. Some are orange. Some are even purple (these are the most special!). They're all delicious though :)
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Yum! This all sounds deliciousss! I love sweet potatoes :)