I can't believe this lady at my gym.....

Options

Replies

• msdarklore
    Options
    60 pounds is awesome congrats....people like that just have to make others feel bad to make themselves feel good....its really quite pathetic....keep up the good work....and yes i believe you have every right to be mad....but remember she is the ugly person inside and thats way worse than any of us could look on the outside
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That used diaper would have smarted if it had smacked her in the back of the head.
    ..Oh that's exactly what I was thinking!! Bravo
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    She is jealous!
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I doubt she's ever had kids or knows anyone that has. It's not so easy to keep the weight off when you're pregnant with hormones and food cravings and insomnia and exhaustion, etc! It's hard to explain that to someone that hasn't experienced it.
    60 pounds off in 14 months is FABULOUS! Keep up the great work and f*** her! My son is 2.5 and I'm still 5 pounds from my goal.
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    Who says that?
    Great job on the first 60 :D
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just weird really. I can't imagine what she would have been thinking. Maybe she just has trouble that way – everybody isn’t skilled socially. Sounds like she’s done that kind of thing before and the other woman had witnessed it. I really would write it off as having nothing to do with you.
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Totally rude! I can't believe people can be so mean! Good on you for making the effort to go to the gym! Maybe she was jealous you had such a cute baby!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Well first of all it wasn't really her business to know how long you'd been a member or how much weight you've lost, she's another member not a trainer. Secondly it sounds like she was looking to feed her vanity ego by mentally comparing her own weight and fitness level to yours, bonus because you still have a bit to go.

It's something I know I would've been upset over because no one gets the right to judge my progress. I'm me, they're them. If they have a butt that can crack walnuts and I don't so what, as long as I'm making progress on my goals and am happy with it then that's all that matters. She can take her attitude and use it to clean out her pipes so her head will finally get out her *kitten*.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    When we got to the gym I had to change my baby's diaper before I could take her into the nursery. Well while I was in the locker room this lady walks up and says.......

"Awww what a cute little girl." I said "Thank you" then she asks me " How long have you been coming here?" I said "Do you mean how long have I been coming to the gym or working on my weight loss?" She said "Gym" I said "On and off since Dec. '11" Then she said "Well now that we're on the subject how much weight have you lost?" I said "Well my daughter's 14 months old and in that 14 months I've lost a total of 60 lbs. I'm still aiming for another 50 to 60 lbs" Then she smirked and said "Well looks like you have a long way to go!!" After she said that she just left.

I was floored I didn't know what to say and the other lady in there just shook her head and mouthed the words "Are you okay?" I mean do I have the right to be mad?

You're the winner here! You can always fix the weight. You can't fix no brains.
  • Thesarahmonster
    Thesarahmonster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just wait, I bet in 14 months that lady won't even be around and you'll be in there, 60lbs gone, still working hard and bettering yourself!! You've done so well so far, don't let someone with a bad attitude get you down!!!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That used diaper would have smarted if it had smacked her in the back of the head.
    :laugh:
  • HBL2012
    HBL2012 Posts: 31
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far :D amazing!!! and as for that lady, she just sounds like a syuck up *itch, I could never imagine saying that to ANYONE!!!
    I would ignore it.. what a %^*@$* &^%$# grrr
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would have put the diaper in her locker if she was just rolling in... lol
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Ok first off...congrats on your WL.

Second...I really don't think some people have the common sense chip in their brain. She either is a raging ***** or just didn't realize she said something so stupid. Don't let it get to you or permanently mark her as being that way all the time.

Onward! :)
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The "old lady" comment was really rude and offensive. I am 62 and would NEVER say anything like that.
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lot more to be happy about than she does.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    socio.
    path.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Congrats to you on your progress. That woman has an empathy problem. Too bad the dirty diaper didn't accidentally fall on her and splat open!

Try not to let her bother you.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I hope you laughed in her face! I call mean old lady comments like that "granny gaming". What a terrible,terrible,terrible person. I agree with Melbaby, too bad the dirty diaper didn't get squashed into her open mouth, by accident of course. :laugh:
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Haters gon' hate.

But seriously, EW! What a snatch. If she didn't mean it to be cruel (although I can't imagine how anyone could say something like that with positive intentions), just chalk it up to her being the most socially awkward girl in the gym.

Congrats on your MAJOR accomplishments. :)