old member but have always been on and off... this time i am

Options
i've been a long time member of MFP but i've been on and off. also i've never used the forums or anything...

i figured that i could make some friends so that we can all motivate and inspire each other!

my name is isay (ee-sigh) and i'm a sophomore in college. my boyfriend and i are trying to lose weight together! (his MFP is Metayoshi)

he is more focused on building muscle and i'm just trying to become slimmer.

i am 5' 3" and my starting weight was 172 lbs
my current weight is 164.5 lbs

have a nice day!

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the message boards!

Good luck!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you when I started this up (again) about 8 weeks ago. I'd use the calorie counter for a week or two then get bored with it and fall off the wagon.

I have been on here for 8 weeks consistently now, logging on every day, and the external feedback and encouragement are VERY helpful for me. Obviously, there's no thing that works for everyone, but it does seem to work for a lot of folks!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm on here everyday, and I comment and participate most days, though some days I don't have a lot of time. I try to keep my feedback (good and bad) constructive because I think that's what we're really all here for anyway.

Good luck to you and your boyfriend!! Glad to see you making a lifestyle change while you're still young!

Jen
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    Hahah well then, welcome back! Hopefully you are here to stay this time ;) I am also planning a work out routine with my boyfriend. We go to the gym together and he keeps me motivated. I don't know what I'd do without a work out buddy!
    Awesome job with your success so far
    Good luck!
    You can do it!