Spaghetti Squash

Options

Replies

• grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    It's great! Trader Joe's had it in San Diego for like $1.50 per squash (not per pound).
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can't find it ANYWHERE!!! Blonde moment but is it just listed as "spaghetti squash"?
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    bump
  • BeckyProctor
    BeckyProctor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't even purchase regular spaghetti anymore- totally love spaghetti squash! When I make it for my husband, I prepare it it like I would pasta using ground turkey and marinara sauce. Personally, I like it with feta cheese, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, black olives, and just a tiny, tiny drizzle of EVOO. I've also made spaghetti squash gratin- here is the recipe:
    http://thehealthyfoodie.net/2011/10/12/spaghetti-squash-gratin/
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    really would like to try the spaghetti squash definitly need the recipe
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, everyone. I just got my first one the other day. It's sitting on the counter waiting for me to jump in and try something.
  • HeatherWestgate
    HeatherWestgate Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Whenever I make some sort of curry I have to have spaghetti squash with it!
    Usually I'll make a thai curry with coconut milk full of veggie's and eat it with spaghetti squash or I'll make and indian curry with chickpeas.
    The spaghetti squash is so good covered in all the creamy curry sauce!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Shrimp alfredo:) but with spaghetti squash instead of pasta...chopped tomatoes, greenpepper, green onion, mushrooms with light Alfredo...
  • bet2006
    bet2006 Posts: 2
    Options
    ok I am really wanting to try this! but what is spaghetti squash?? x
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Bump. I think I'll have to try some of these recipes :)
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annabanana1786
    annabanana1786 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I loooove spaghetti squash! I need to go buy some...I haven't had it in awhile!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I found s biggest loser recipie for spaghetti squash with avacado pesto. I have modified it a bit to make more but it is still super low cal

1 avacado
    3 -4 tbsp parmesian
    hanf full of basil or parsley or a mix...make sure tyou wash it well. i ended up with sand in my sauce once.
    1 clove of garlic
    salt and peper to taste
    warm water about 1/2 cup

I put it all in my mini processor pour half the water in a hi tthe button. Ad a bit more water if you need to to make it creamer
  • bet2006
    bet2006 Posts: 2
    Options
    ok know what it is now! and apparently hard to get hold of in UK! but im going to hunt for this tommorow! XX
  • jblenkle
    jblenkle Posts: 13
    Options
    Love spaghetti squash. Was one of my faves when I was a vegetarian. If you want something freakin' awesome, try this!

1 spaghetti squash (poke holes in it with a knife or fork, microwave for 15 minutes or so in a plate of water, flip halfway)
    Yellow onion, garlic, fennel/anise, tomatoes, basil, EVOO, salt, pepper, and a little Parmesan.

Get the spaghetti squash going, and throw in your onions and garlic and anise to a little heated EVOO. Get them to a nice golden brown color. While the onion, garlic, and anise is browning, dice some tomatoes and also take the squash out of the microwave and split it in half. It will be super hot so be careful. Take the seeds out and then start scraping the inside with a fork to get the "spaghetti" out.

Throw the spaghetti squash in with your onion, garlic and anise and let it cook a little longer, add in seasonings. Add tomatoes and some fresh basil last and then top with a little Parmesan! Soooo good!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have totally replaced pasta with spaghetti squash and also mix it up sometimes by using butternut instead. I plan to grow my own this summer :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you can float some strands in soup, lilke a fake noodle.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options