Do you accept friend requests from...

People with no profile pic?
People what a blank profile?
People who don't send a message with their friend request?

I'm always on the fence about these. I just wonder how active they're going to be if they can't get these simple things done?

Replies

• Usually not but depends on their profile, no, and yes. I usually don't message people but I should, definitely shows you're not just trying to get a bigger friends list.
    I understand some people aren't comfortable with posting a pic though, would be nice if they did, even something like yours that doesn't really show you up close but shows something you love that's fine. But they definitely need to write something down in their profile otherwise it just seems like they just started and they'll be done in a day or two never to be seen again
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    I accept everyone. why not?

I have only requested 4 people myself: my husband and 3 "real ilfe" friends. I don't worry about why someone wants to friend me; I am happy to accept them (however if they sent me a creepy message I would not accept them -- ha).

I comment when I see newsfeeds; I answer questions that people ask, and provide whatever help I can when someone asks. That's all I can do, and I don't "weed people out" based on their activity. If someone deletes me, so what? I am not crushed.

It's the internet, people :)
  • Teapotdomescam
    Teapotdomescam Posts: 156 Member
    Yeah I haven't got a problem with that. Unless they remain inactive for a while, but then again you can always delete them later if that happens.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    i don't accept people who don't include a message. If they I don't know where they saw me (boards, commented on a friend's post, etc) and I don't know WHY they want to be friends. It's really important for me to know that they are not just adding massive amounts of people, but want to be friends with me for a reason. I go out of my way to comment on as many of my friends updates every day as possible, and I would like my friends to put in the same amount of effort :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I accept all requests, unless it's someone that I know and dislike, which seldom happens.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I get twitchy when I have too many friend (more than 100). I'm not sure why. Therefore I don't accept blank ones, or people who seem to come out of know where and only say "hi". I also delete people who aren't active. This probably makes me a horrible person....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I like to have a rough idea who the person is, what sort of goals they're working towards, and how/why they decided to send me a friend request.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,318 Member
    I'm with Rae. Keep it small, then hide half of them......:tongue:
  • i accept all requests - its a support network - the more the better...unless creepy of course :)
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    I accept requests from anybody...it's just MFP lol.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    I do, and if they aren't active I delete them.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    I get twitchy when I have too many friend (more than 100). I'm not sure why. Therefore I don't accept blank ones, or people who seem to come out of know where and only say "hi". I also delete people who aren't active. This probably makes me a horrible person....

Well, if that's your biggest flaw, you're doing great!!!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    The more the merrier.
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    I accept anyone that asks . Why not ?
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    I accept everyone. why not?

I have only requested 4 people myself: my husband and 3 "real ilfe" friends. I don't worry about why someone wants to friend me; I am happy to accept them (however if they sent me a creepy message I would not accept them -- ha).

I comment when I see newsfeeds; I answer questions that people ask, and provide whatever help I can when someone asks. That's all I can do, and I don't "weed people out" based on their activity. If someone deletes me, so what? I am not crushed.

It's the internet, people :)

Yeah... I don't get crushed or hung up about it... I was really just curious about how others feel. I don't delete and I've accepted everyone so far, but I feel like my friend* list is getting big and I like to try to respond to everyone as much as I can, but I know I miss some folks just b/c of the volume in my news feed. I just cross my fingers and hope that some of their other friends gave them feedback that day ;-p

I don't reply to "newbie" posts that don't have the above criteria though, unless what they write is compelling. I just feel like I want to seem more effort than a one-liner saying "I'm new here, need friends".

*edited to clarify