Do you have a physical piece of motivation?

Options
Who has something physical like a piece of clothing, not just a date in the future or something but an actual bikini, dress, pair of pants etc that you can keep trying on and see the progress?
What is yours? Doesn't have to be clothes though! Just looking for some ideas here

Replies

• BlooQKazoo
    Options
    Any of my sister's clothes! She's naturally small, and the day that I call her up and ask to borrow a dress will be the happiest of my life.
  • kellyes86
    kellyes86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans hanging on my wall, right next to my calendar in my bedroom. They're one size down from my current jeans, a large size 6 skinny jean, and I look at them every day! :)
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    I mostly just watch Video's to give me some moto.
    I get chills everytime i watch this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbXeYbltNk&feature=g-user-lik&context=G271575dUCGXQYbcTJ33ZC52QrP2_X2rr-BYwJcE-s_La5C1ac174
  • samiannbuffalo
    samiannbuffalo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I brought back to school with me to wear this coming Friday. When i brought it I couldn't zip it up. Last week I tried it on and it fit perfect. Major motivation to get there and to keep working. Next is my bikini!
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have an entire wordrobe of clothes waiting to be worn again. Expensive clothes that I can't give away. I have to fit into them again!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Does my tummy count? Looking at it gives me motivation! :)
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I have a pair of pants that I used to wear about 10 years ago. January 1st of this year I had about 5" between the button and the loop. As of last Thursday, I can actually button them closed! Of course, I can barely breathe and have a huge "muffin top", but at least now I can get them buttoned and zipped close! Once they actually fit - no matter my weight - I'll know that I've achieved my goal and it's time to maintain. Although I highly doubt I'll ever feel like I've hit "maintenance" phase...then I'll probably push for some other goal....
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I had two pair of pants. I would try on to see where I was. It has felt great as they have gotten big! Also though when I was a kid I was anorexic and I do not want to go there again so on my fridge is me at my heaviest when my thyroid shut down due to my ED and other issues, me looking like a bag of bones in skin, me when I was healthy and weighed the best and finally a goal picture of a woman with kick *kitten* abs! I look at that as reminders for me and motivation to keep going and remember if I have opened the fridge out of boredom STOP THINK and then decide if I really need something in there.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I have a size 8 pair of jeans in my closet. I try them on every time I drop another 2lbs. They button now, but are still not comfortable to wear. LOL

I also have some size 6 shorts I'd like to wear this summer. Have a bit to go for those!
  • maryjopatricia
    maryjopatricia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a dress I bought for a wedding FIVE years ago ... wanted to wear it for Easter ... so soft and comfortable ... I made it! Woo Hoo!:flowerforyou:
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    well... kind of... right now it only exists in my imagination. But my wedding dress. *shrug* :blushing:
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I love hanging on my wardrobe door, glaring at me waiting to be worn :laugh:
  • InTheNameofCosplay
    Options
    I have a corset dress that my boyfriend and I selected at Anime Boston this past weekend. It's quite a lot smaller than I am, so my goal is to fit into that by the time we go to our next convention together.
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear a bikini without the side tie or band cutting into my hip fat, instead of a tankini or one piece to hide my middle.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    At first, it was a designer black dress. Now, it's a bikini (almost there).
  • charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    a top i bought online in a size small - thats good motivation and the day my fiance's sister will stop looking at me like a piece of lard and i feel i can eat food in front of her :( , i also find watching shows like the biggest loser very inspiring x
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The mirror.
  • lamb45952
    lamb45952 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Clothing that I haven't worn for 2 or 3 years. Such a motivation every time I fit into a pair of capris or dress! A whole new wardrobe that cost nothing! Woohoo!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea actually (having a piece of clothing you want to get into). I just look at the "pins" people find on Pinterest daily for motivation. I see the bodies I want to become and that keeps me focused. :)
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Three dresses, each a step down from the other. Two sundresses and one cocktail dress... I can't wait to put them on...