Fasting

Options

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    edit: sidesteal is a gun!

^ Shouldn't you be practicing your muscle-ups? ;)

Can I report the OP for being offensive and trolling? I find his "thoughts" offensive even though he's way off base and doesn't know enough about fasting to make a particular sound arguement.

Was it the complete lack of context and sweeping generalizations that you found incorrect? =)

In closing: Posting in a troll thread.

Yes as he didn't post it in the "chit chat and fun/games" forum section which means all bets are off.
  • LWriter
    LWriter Posts: 50
    Options
    [/quote]

I don't THINK I know everything. I DO know everything.
    [/quote]

Your Missouri is showing.

Gag.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The average person has quite enough "extra" in their bodies to withstand fasting. It can be very useful when done properly and with the right mindset. It's not a one size fits all thing. Most of the ill effects of fasting come from people not properly preparing before the fast (i.e. failing to taper off of different foods daily instead of going cold turkey) and/or not gradually easing back into food (e.g. liquids, then fruits, then veggies, then meats if desired).

I've done a 7 day water-only fast. I would not do it again because I did lose muscle mass quickly. I was not hungry however and it decreased my sugar cravings.

I've done a raw food-only fast for 12 days and it was very beneficial. My "brain fog" cleared, my skin cleared and I had lots more energy. My sense of smell became very keen as well. I lost 10 lbs... which I've never gained back and I did not become flabby from loss of muscle mass.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Life in the fasting lane
    Surely make you lose your mind
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Going to bed now so I guess my fasting will start while I'm sleeping.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

And it is people with the same mentality, that make up the biggest number of fools in the world.

The Fools (think they ) know everything
    wise (know they) know nothing
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options

And it is people with the same mentality, that make up the biggest number of fools in the world.

The Fools (think they ) know everything
    wise (know they) know nothing

Very well said!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    *yawn* Isn't stupid or horrible if you do it once it a while. Gtfo.

You're wrong, but you're 18. I'm sure it happens a lot.

Please.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    A few hours ago, I started yet another 24 hour fast. I don't tell others to fast, but for me, it has benefits. For those who care, below is a blog I wrote about my experience with IF a couple months after I started IF. For those who don't like IF, no biggie...its certainly not for everyone...many folks just don't have the mental toughness for it because you don't appreciate how easy it can be once you stop fretting about it. For those like the OP who are just plain ignorant about the potential benefits of IF and think they know everything...welcome to the internet where you can find someone who knows everything about everything...and then someone else who knows everything to the contrary ;) I don't pretend to know everything and I don't pretend to believe my way is right for anyone else. I only know why I do things my way and that my way works for me :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/my-experience-with-intermittent-fasting-175218

I am also an Eat Stop Eater. And I am fasting right now! But unlike you, I would recommend fasting to others and have done so and they have gained success. You have to tread carefully because there are issues around unhealthy relationships with food, but as long as you explain to them how fasting works and what the benefits are they are good to go.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Unless it's for religious reasons, fasting is stupid, horrible for your body and a very, very bad "tool" for weight loss.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496770-misinformation
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Discuss amongst yourselves....

Yes Me Lord. Your wishes are their command....Your Honour.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    So far the only people "fasting" that I have encountered on this site are the ones that think "starving" is too harsh of a word..

Example: "Ate a cheeseburger yesterday...going to fast today to clean out my system"
  • TeMpi
    TeMpi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Is there a point to this thread?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    So far the only people "fasting" that I have encountered on this site are the ones that think "starving" is too harsh of a word..

Example: "Ate a cheeseburger yesterday...going to fast today to clean out my system"

The issue is that fasting is an ambiguous term and it can cause disagreements when context is lacking (such as this turd of thread, for example). Plenty of people on this site (myself included AT TIMES) will use an intermittent fasting approach to dieting because it helps to a great degree with satiety. Most intermittent fasting programs don't have you fasting any longer than 24 hours an even 24 is on a rather extreme end from any of the more intelligently designed programs, in my opinion.
  • yisus_
    yisus_ Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh please...

Eat Stop Eat Book

There is nothing wrong with fasting.

Fasting is not "starving". I am usually not hungry until 6-7pm the next day and when I eat, I eat 3,000kcal worth of food in one sitting. U MAD BROs?
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh please...

Eat Stop Eat Book

There is nothing wrong with fasting.

Fasting is not "starving". I am usually not hungry until 6-7pm the next day and when I eat, I eat 3,000kcal worth of food in one sitting. U MAD BROs?

Hell nah....IM JEALOUS!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Did someone say boobs?
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I only fast on days that end in Y
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Can I report the OP for being offensive and trolling? I find his "thoughts" offensive even though he's way off base and doesn't know enough about fasting to make a particular sound arguement.

I agree. I usually fast from about 10pm... till 2-3pm daily. Yet still consume 3000 calories.

clearly, you're starving and you're muscles are about to fall off.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Hey, are you gonna eat that?