frustrated

My name is Dawn and the beginning of March my husband and I entered a radio contest for a 6 week slim down. Since the 3rd of March I have lost 19#, 8 inches in my waist, 5 1/2 in my hips and 3 1/2 in my chest. But this last week I'm only down a pound. Am I just being greedy when it comes to results or should I be doing something different? I would love to hook up with some friends that can guide and encourage me along.:happy:

Replies

• Hi Dawn,
    Congratulations on your 19 pound loss! That is quite a significant loss for a month's time and you should be proud. I think the hardest thing to remember during any weight loss journey is that people won't always lose what they hope to every single week. Some weeks will be better than others but try not to let that put a damper on your motivation. You have come far in a short time and your body has to adjust to it also. A few years ago I lost 35 pounds on Weight Watchers and it took me six months. Since then it has taken me a bit longer to lose but I try not to get discouraged because I know that I am making an effort. I just wanted to send you some thoughts of encouragement on your journey, try and focus on what you have accomplished thus far! Keep pushing forward!

Molly
  • tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 87 Member
    honestly u r being greedy. I think ur weight loss is very encouraging.... And secondly you may have hit ur weight plateu. c u will have to be a bit patient. i have been trying but have only lost 4 pounds and 3 inches on my waist. would you guide me what to do
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    it often comes off easily in the beginning but will slow down a bit when your body gets used to things. Try switching some things up.......... ;)
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    youmay not always see the # on the scale go down, but you are more than likely losing inches...... be patient hun and congrats on the 19 pounds already!