work out ideas??

Options
Ok, so I can not afford a gym membership, I hate walking to no where, but I love to dance. I have been putting on music and just dancing around my living room for excersize. I know that is lame but I haven't found free videos on the computer that I can do, I don't have cable and I need something I can do for only 10 minutes at a time right now. Suggestions?

Replies

• yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    www,youtube.com/zuzkalight

This might be good for you. Zuzana posts a new 10 minute workout on her youtube channel (you can also find her on facebook. www.facebook.com/zuzkalight ). A few of her videos involve kettlebells or hand weights, but most are pure bodyweight, and it would be easy to modify if you don't have weights.

I really like her workouts and do them often. :)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Most basic cable has a exercise channel or if you have Netflix.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba.. its awesome, I even started with videos in youtube, just to see if i could keep it up.. If you check that first and really like it, you can get wii zumba videos.. or even stay dancing the videos in youtube.

try these videos, they are great

http://www.youtube.com/user/emmyfierro/videos
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    My friend bought some workout dvd's and videos (old school I know) at different thrift shops..cheap cheap!!!!! Not the newest videos but workout is a workout...

I have also googled, youtube workouts.....Then someone told me about Tabata Training and its 20 second workouts 10 second breaks 8 times....I looked it up on youtube and found some sample ideas for exercise.

No hand weights then use soup cans, water bottles...whatever....
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I rollerblade. It's fun!
  • ldmaking
    ldmaking Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can also check out your local library to see if they have any you can loan. That way you can try a whole bunch and see what you prefer. But from the sound of things, Zumba might be for you.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Okay I haven't done any of these videos myself, because I just got a gym membership thru work.
    but before that I'd been meaning to....

Go to hulu.com and search "gentle yoga".

Remember it's not about getting the pose perfect.
    Focus on form and alignment and bit by bit the flexibility/strength will come.

As you progress search just "yoga" and you'll see other options that are available
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    alternate between jumping rope, burpees and dancing around. I'm sure your cal burn would be awesome! Do you have a heart rate monitor by any chance? That would help you gauge your calorie burn..
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! These are some great suggestions. I never thought about youtube..duh! I am going to try zumba and possibly that 20 second 8 times thing. I love this site, you guys rock!!!
  • shellgirl144
    Options
    What about checking out exercise videos from your local library. Public libraries usually have a good selection.
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    I will check into that too! Thanks.