peanut butter

Options
tracijo50
tracijo50 Posts: 32 Member
Is there such a thing as "eating to much PB". I eat it a couple of times a wk for breakfast...Just wondering if its something I should cut back on....Its just so easy to fix and stays with me for a while.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    well, yeah, PB has fat, and a small amount of sugar. So yeah, you can eat too much. Healthy fats are very good for you, but you CAN eat too much fat, even the good kind. But once a day, with a reasonable serving size is fine, even 2 or maybe (for bigger people) 3 servings is ok per day, couple times a week is more then fine though.
  • jchudon
    jchudon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    100 calories for a tbsp... I know it does taste good but is it really worth it?
    And when you start to visualize that it's 25% fat, it gets a little frightening :P

Anyways, there's no such thing as a pb overdose. Just make sure this does not bring you over the calories you should eat :happy:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    One of my thinner friends (who does exercise and watches her food too) eats pb every morning. I eat it several times a week, but I like to be a little healthier with it, so I eat Skippy Natural. Can't even tell it's not the "regular" stuff.