yes...im one of those people...

lschuttem
lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
Yes, Im one of those people;
one of those people who wanted to lose weight fast, and like so many others, I started at 1200 calories

...and like others, i lost weight, for a while
...and then the weight loss really slowed down
...and like many others, i didnt think the weight loss should slow down bc i have so much to lose, so i did a lot of reading
...i went to some other websites and found out my BMR (which is definitely above 1200cal)
..but like everyone else, i didnt want to increase my calories bc i didnt want to gain weight back
...but i was also getting hungry, having trouble focusing, and feeling restricted with my diet
... so last week i reluctantly increased my intake to at least 1400cal every day, and was even eating 1900 on some days
...and i lost almost 3lbs .

So..I've jumped on the bandwagon, and I will definitely continue to eat AT LEAST my BMR. I now agree with countless others who say you probably need to EAT MORE THAN 1200 CALORIES :D

I'm thrilled that I can live my life on a normal amount of calories and not feel restricted all the time :)

(my stats currently: 5'1", 160lb, started MFP 2 months ago around 180lb, 21y/o)

I was especially one of those people who thought that because I am so short, and mostly fairly sedentary, I really thought 1200cals would be enough.

I dont mean for this post to pressure people into eating more if 1200 is truly working for you, but I hope that I can help take away some of the fear of increasing your caloric intake if you are thinking about making the jump :)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Thanks for the honest input, and for not being preachy about it.

There's obviously no "one thing" that works for everyone, but it's good to hear the different things that help people individually.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss!
    Jen
  • bondavbriwil
    bondavbriwil Posts: 62 Member
    Nice work. I enjoy eating too much to not eat every calorie I'm allowed. lol.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    If I eat 1800 calories I would be doing what got me here! I'm 5'4" 151lbs and I don't see how eating more would be any different than what I was doing before... advice? :noway:
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks for the post! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!