Workout suggestions on a scorching hot summer heat

Options
Lately I've been having problems in keeping up with my workout routines because of the very hot weather in Philippines now. The climate makes me really dizzy even inside my house & also I suffered a heat stroke before. Even the late afternoon/evening temperatures here are still very hot. However I don't want to be more complacent on my workout activities at this stage but I don't know what to do.

Do you have any workout or any suggestions on what to do to keep up with my routines in this blazing 35 degrees humid? I live in the city & don't have nearby access to swimming pool in my area so as much as I love swimming & can do some laps, that is definitely out.

Thanks

EDIT: In addition, I got a gym membership but I'm only entitled to go there 3x a month. I can't afford to upgrade my membership at this point.

Replies

• mangotruck
    mangotruck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Can you break up your work outs into smaller time frames? Like, walk for 10 minutes, take a break, then do more later. Is early morning any cooler? I don't know anything about the Philippines, sorry! I wish you luck. The heat sounds miserable. Maybe someone from Texas or Mexico can help out. ;)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been also trying to do some exercises while inside my air-conditioned office however the main problem is when I'm already stepped out of the office. Early morning is definitely cooler however I can only manage to do it during my off days because I live very far from my work & I need to wake up early morning just to prepare myself for work.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    how about swimming?
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Wrk out in the sprinkler
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway that you could exercise really early in the morning. In the US South, even at it's hottest, it was noticibly better early in the morning.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Wrk out in the sprinkler

LOL I would take that one :laugh:

Seriously I think I need to adjust my body to wake up an hour earlier so I can workout at dawn. Normally I wake up at 5:30am to prepare myself to work. Thanks for all your suggestions :flowerforyou:
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Consider getting into work earlier, staying later or in your lunch time booking a meeting room to exercise. Or I like using the emergency stairwell - it is a little warm but no where near as hot as exercising in the park at lunch in summer.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Wrk out in the sprinkler

LOL I would take that one :laugh:

Seriously I think I need to adjust my body to wake up an hour earlier so I can workout at dawn. Normally I wake up at 5:30am to prepare myself to work. Thanks for all your suggestions :flowerforyou:
    definitely need to workout before the sun is up, or just at sunrise. I live in arizona, one of the hottest places on the planet. the heat is intense, and if you have already had heat stroke you can be sure that the heat effects you even worse because of it. make sure to drink plenty of water up to two hrs before your workout if possible, hydration is the key, maybe try biking also, the natural breeze helps to cool you. wear a wet handkerchief around your neck, it will help to cool your blood. or wet your shirt if necessary. dont over do it, death is not worth it! every year people die at the grand canyon because they dont take the necessary precautions to prevent heat stroke.