eating back your exercise calories

Options
When you eat back your exercise calories do you treat your self to something you love to eat or do you increase the amount of healthy foods you are eating ??

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Healthy snack, or bigger meal.
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a bigger portion of what I would normally be eating to keep it healthy...sometimes a sneaky treat though :D extra motivation to work out harder
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    Bigger healthy meal, a good way to get the calories back in a healthy way is mixed nuts, with little to no salt added.
  • StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    mostly healthy snacks - I almost always have almonds as my post work out snack. I also use them for things like having a piece of cheese on my sandwich at lunch or a a few more calories at dinner. About once a week or so I might use them for ice cream or some chips.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is a set minimum of protein and fat the rest I make up with whatever up to my calorie limit. When I work out I just eat anything to make up the extra calories. I dont really believe in "bad" foods "good" foods. I just see nutrient rich foods vs nutrient lacking food.
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is a set minimum of protein and fat the rest I make up with whatever up to my calorie limit. When I work out I just eat anything to make up the extra calories. I dont really believe in "bad" foods "good" foods. I just see nutrient rich foods vs nutrient lacking food.

I need to start thinking like this
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    90/10!

90% whole foods and 10% junk!

So on a 2000 calorie diet you can have 200 cals of fun stuff!
    Preferably after your workout but yea...