starting again

Options
I am on vacation to relax and take care of me because of so much stress at home and working so hard. For some reason I thought that translated intio cheesecake, hot dogs, and all sorts of bad food. Now, three days into vacation I am feeling so bad about myself. How to promote self-love instead of self-loathe?

Replies

• jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Today is new day! Forget the last three days and move forward. Make healthier choices and move more! Don't give up! You can do this!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I took a 3 week vacation to South-East Asia recently, and although I did "pig out" a bit on all the delicious new foods, my husband and I kept very active and I still lost (only .5 kilo, but that's still in the right direction!). We walked until we physically couldn't walk anymore- spent days exploring new villages, landscapes and beaches! We also drank a LOT of water, and although we did eat a lot some days, others we didn't. Don't restrict yourself, you are on vacation- enjoy every minute. At the same time, do lots of exploring and try to stay away from hotel buffets :)
  • calajane
    calajane Posts: 52
    Options
    jeyko is right. Stay positive! Today's the day :) You can do it!!!!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I just wrote a post about this if you're interested:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/556964-some-insight-advice-for-anyone-who-wants-needs-it

Long story short: It's okay to stuff up. We all do it. Just appreciate that it takes hard work to achieve greatness!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I am on vacation to relax and take care of me because of so much stress at home and working so hard. For some reason I thought that translated intio cheesecake, hot dogs, and all sorts of bad food. Now, three days into vacation I am feeling so bad about myself. How to promote self-love instead of self-loathe?

Nothing you can do about the past three days, write them off and get back into it now x
  • mrsmelonmaryjane
    mrsmelonmaryjane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks to all the motivating replies. I'm walking everyday and trying to watch the food.

xo