PCOS Frustration?

Options
Hey guys,

Any one will PCOS will know it’s hard to lose weight.

Recently I have been feeling a tad frustrated/angry. I know we all slip up from time to time and are not all perfect but for over a year I would say I have worked damn hard at this losing weight thing and I am proud of my achievement don’t get me wrong. But I see all these people putting the same effort in as me and losing WAY more than me. At my weight and height I feel I should be losing faster than I am.

Is this PCOS or do I need to try harder I really don’t feel like I can. Is PCOS slowing me down or is it just an excuse. I don’t want to cut our carbs completely because then as soon as I eat any I will put any weight loss straight back on again. I think it’s sensible to have something from all food groups and not restrict one or more form your diet. I do try to cut down on them a bit though.

Anyone out there with PCOS with similar story or any advice. Please help.

Thanks

Pink xxxx

Replies

• tdj819
    tdj819 Posts: 41
    Options
    I was told in 2000 I had PCOS after 2 years of trying to get pregnant, so we started fertility treatment and man oh man the weight I put on. 3 years of that and still no baby, I had enough! PCOS IS A B I T C H! It's harder for us to lose weight but it can be done. In 2001 I got to my heaviest of 279lbs. My fertility doctor told me to lose weight, it would help my chances. So i was determined to have a baby, so I hit the gym. In 11 months, I went from 279 to 170 pounds. I removed all sugars, all pastas, all rices, all potatoes from my diet. Very little bread. I started in the gym 30 mins at a time on tread mill, slowly built up. by 11 months I was there 3 hours a day total, 6 days a week. I got fit I got trim, but I still didn't get pregnant. I continued to stay active while taking these meds, and after the emotional roller coaster mood swings and the wedge it all drove between my husband and I, we divorced. I went back to my old ways....and became a chunky dunk again. 12 years later, still childless,,,,but I am working on a better me. IT CAN BE DONE...I DID DO IT, AND I WILL DO IT AGAIN! we cycters have to stick together. It's a battle non PCOS victims don't understand.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thank u hunny :) LETS Do this together!!!!!!!!!! xxxx
  • lesliejil4
    Options
    Having been in the same situation, I KNOW how hard it is. Working out ALOT, eating right(or so I thought) and never moving more than 20 lbs or so on the scale. Up down, up down, all the time. Pregnancy issues etc. After having 2 children, I went to an Endocrinologist to help with the PCOS. Consequently, she also found that I have Hashimoto's Disease(thyroid disease). She would see me come in with tears and always feel awful telling me that with these conditions, I would have to work 3x harder than the average in order to see any real results and change. Well, it finally it all came together and I have dropped almost 80lbs. Feel great, off metformin, thyroid function is better not great but most important is my health. Ran two half marathons since Jan. 4 more scheduled for the year etc. and this is the best shape I have ever been in. Just saying, you will all get there, just have to put all the pieces together to make it work. Would be glad to share my info and what has worked for me. If your'e interested, let me know.
  • muffnette
    Options
    oh i am totally with you!!! I have had pcos for 16 years (prob longer but that is when i was officially diagnosed) and i have hypothyroidism and I am a diabetic .. I use to be thin when i was young - never had a weight problem until after i got married and well here i am and w/these diseases and losing weight is the hardest thing i have ever had to do - it is a given that a pcos sufferer it is 10x's harder to lose weight than a "normal" person - it all has to do with being insulin resistant - having that stores fat differently and uses it differently thus making it more difficult for us - yes it CAN be done but unfortunately have to work harder - it really sucks - it is the part of this disease that is one of the most frustrating - just wanted you to know you are not alone - i am starting my journey YET again and hope to finally be successful. I am so tired of it!