Clothes shoping (Women only please)

Options
13»

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    just an FYI...gap has 25 % off today and tommorow online only...use code GAPGET at checkout...and shipping is free over $50 :)

PLUS you can shop for the kids, hubs... annnnnnnnnd combine shipping with Banana, Old Navy, Piperlime (my FAVE) & Athleta!

I am totally getting a denim jacket in a fun color! YAY!~

I ♥ Shopping!

you are my new BFF <3
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I have a small waist and a big butt. The jeans that fit my butt are too big in the waist and vice versa.

This is when you should be having your clothes tailored. You should buy clothes that fit the largest part of your body (here, your hips and behind) and then have them taken in where they are too large.

Having the waist taken in on a pair of pants is a very common and inexpensive alteration. I pay $8 to have this done, as I have the same problem.

That is a great idea! idk why i never thought about that
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You know why celebrities always look so amazing, even in jeans and a t-shirt? They have EVERYTHING tailored, even that plain cotton t-shirt.

Find a good tailor and make him or her your new BFF. You will be amazed at how perfectly-fitting clothes make your body look ten times more amazing.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I shop in both departments (I'm 34). I would highly recommend levi's. I am really short and have found that the levi's are short enough, fit great, and actually last a long while. Also, Hydraulic brand looks great on the booty. Kinda lifts everything.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    You know why celebrities always look so amazing, even in jeans and a t-shirt? They have EVERYTHING tailored, even that plain cotton t-shirt.

Find a good tailor and make him or her your new BFF. You will be amazed at how perfectly-fitting clothes make your body look ten times more amazing.

Well, i'm new to my area, how would you suggest finding a good tailor??
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I shop in both departments (I'm 34). I would highly recommend levi's. I am really short and have found that the levi's are short enough, fit great, and actually last a long while. Also, Hydraulic brand looks great on the booty. Kinda lifts everything.

awesome idea :) thank you
  • tarak83
    tarak83 Posts: 40
    Options
    This is when you should be having your clothes tailored. You should buy clothes that fit the largest part of your body (here, your hips and behind) and then have them taken in where they are too large.

Having the waist taken in on a pair of pants is a very common and inexpensive alteration. I pay $8 to have this done, as I have the same problem.

That would definitely take away the agony of shopping for jeans. Why have I never thought to do that? I'm going to be looking for a tailor in my town now.
    Hydraulic brand looks great on the booty. Kinda lifts everything.

Yes! I'm actually wearing a pair of hydraulics right now that I bought when I went home to visit a few years ago. They are nice and stretchy in the butt/hip/thigh area and fit nicely on my waist! :-)
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options

The best resource is to ask around for references. That is how I found my tailor. She does alterations but also makes custom clothing, so I know she knows the true ins-and-outs of clothing construction.

If you can't get any references, check the yellow pages. Look under "alterations" or "tailor." I would just start out with one piece of clothing to see what kind of job they do.

Also, many dry cleaners also do simple alterations. Try calling a dry cleaner and see if they offer it.

If all else fails, try shopping (or maybe window shopping) at a higher-end department store. The sales clerk will probably be able to refer you to a good tailor. Also, many higher-end department stores have their own alterations departments.
  • Cindym82
    Options

The best resource is to ask around for references. That is how I found my tailor. She does alterations but also makes custom clothing, so I know she knows the true ins-and-outs of clothing construction.

If you can't get any references, check the yellow pages. Look under "alterations" or "tailor." I would just start out with one piece of clothing to see what kind of job they do.

Also, many dry cleaners also do simple alterations. Try calling a dry cleaner and see if they offer it.

If all else fails, try shopping (or maybe window shopping) at a higher-end department store. The sales clerk will probably be able to refer you to a good tailor. Also, many higher-end department stores have their own alterations departments.

Awesome :) thanks again
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK so its Primark all the way for me but I was over there last year and Forever 21 seems to have nice stuff (I'm 36 but don't like dressing for my age lol)