Calorie/nutrition facts calculator

Options
I'm wondering how those of you who have added your home-made recipies to the database figured out the nutrition facts and calories and such. Is there a website with an easy way to do it?

I had potatoes last night and couldn't find one that was close to what I ate. I didn't know how to add them either. So right now they aren't part of my food diary for yesterday. My goal is to be honest with everything I eat so right now I feel that I'm cheating myself since I don't have part of my dinner in there. :ohwell:

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I usually add all of the ingredients used in the recipe to my meal then save it as a ‘my meal’ for later use. I did this with the typical salad I get from the salad bar at the grocery store (1c spinach, 1/4c carrots, 1/4c chick peas, etc.), homemade BBQ pork that my BF made….etc. That is the best way I have found to do it…
  • julster324
    julster324 Posts: 44
    Options
    I recently started using sparkpeople.com recommended from another member to create the serving calories for your food. Once you get the serving calories then enter it as your own food and give it a name so when you make it again it is there for you. I have a pasta salad recipe that I entered so evertime I have it the serving calories are there. Hope that helps.
    214981.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use this site often to do the calculating for me. Hope it works for you too.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
  • AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful responses! I will have to try them out and see which one works best for me. I'd like to be able to add the dish as a final piece instead of doing each of the ingredients that went into making the dish.

Keep posting! Can never have too many choices of how to calculate the calories/nutrition facts.