June 2009 Challenge: Week 2

Options
Week 2 Challenge: The ARMS challenge

Do ANY exercise to focus on toning and strengthening your arms! Keep up with cardio though! The two together will do wonderful things! Log your exercise and how many minutes you did (or reps).

Weigh in Friday!

Have a great week!

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    This is a great challenge!!! I need to do more toning for my arms, especially since my family is planning a summer trip to Six Flags!!! I'm going to be ready!!!!!

My weight today is up 2lbs from last week:grumble: :noway: :explode: . I'm not too bummed though because I had a great workout week this week. I just need to adjust some of my choices and I'm sure it will come back off. Plus I was really stressed this week at work!!! But I'm looking forward to finally dropping out of the 250s, 240s here I come!! :drinker: :smooched: :love:

Good luck next week everyone!!!:smooched:
  • sbjg2430
    sbjg2430 Posts: 19
    Options
    great challenge! hopefully i'll see some results this week
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    :laugh: does carrying a 20lb baby around count as arm work outs???? Time to get the weights out of the closet .... loving the challenges
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    :laugh: does carrying a 20lb baby around count as arm work outs???? Time to get the weights out of the closet .... loving the challenges

Yep, that counts as an arm workout!!! :laugh: :wink:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    haha, this one will be easy for me, I have 6 hours of PT a week to stretch my shoulder!! Plus a Flexinator machine at home that I am supposed to use for 10min 6X/day. Of course I will still also be swimming, biking, & running. :smile:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. This challenge is gonna be hard for me without any actual weights. Haha. Although I have been considering purchasing a set of dumbbells recently. At the very least, I'm keeping on top of the cardio. Going out for a light jog and some walking now! :-)
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Y'all! :sad: :sad:

I still can't workout! My coach says I have Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness to the enth degree. I can't even hardly bend my knees. :sad: :sad: :sad: :explode: :explode: :angry: I hate this! I've tried BioFreeze and frozen peas and knee braces...nothing is helping. I feel like I walk "Frankenstein-ish"! This is the first time since I've started my journey that I am totally disgusted with myself. How could I be so stupid?!:sad: :sad: :sad: :mad:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Today im moving all my furniture from upstairs to down. so im counting that as my arm work out...
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to say that this morning, when I stepped on the scale, it said I lost one pound. :-) So, I'm glad I got back into the June challenge since I slacked hardcore (and gained weight) during the May challenge! I plan on going for a jog later this morning.
  • eri1mani
    eri1mani Posts: 42
    Options
    amannisto! Is it too late to join??? OMG I fell off big time in the last two wks and feel like s&*t because of it, but im ready now Your may challenge helped soo much I gotta be apart of June
    :embarassed: sw 211 goal weight 206 (I need to get my but in gear for my bff's wedding July 4th:drinker: :drinker: )
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Y'all! :sad: :sad:

I still can't workout! My coach says I have Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness to the enth degree. I can't even hardly bend my knees. :sad: :sad: :sad: :explode: :explode: :angry: I hate this! I've tried BioFreeze and frozen peas and knee braces...nothing is helping. I feel like I walk "Frankenstein-ish"! This is the first time since I've started my journey that I am totally disgusted with myself. How could I be so stupid?!:sad: :sad: :sad: :mad:

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you!!!:cry: My mom just had knee surgery but still wanted to workout, so my cousin (a trainer) developed a workout for her where she is sitting in a chair the whole time. She uses bands and light weights. I did her workout one day and I was sweating by the end!! :noway: Talk to your doctor and a trainer, I bet there is some kind of workout that can be developed for you that won't hurt you. Good luck!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    Ok I keep thinking I'm going to walk to work one of these days (it's only 1.2 miles)... but it hasn't happened yet! :huh: I am not good at getting up in the morning, especially 25 minutes earlier than normal to account for the walk! :laugh: hehehe. But last night I did wii fit for 30 minutes (game time, much longer in "real" time because of all the extra messages to get through), and made sure to do the run, push-ups, crunches and plank as part of my workout, as well as other yoga and strength training.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Yeah so i really don't want to weigh in tomorrow... i've been having some problems with my mood swings (thanks to the Depo shot) and i think i have eaten everything in sight for the last week,.... Im hoping next week will be much better then this week... I am going walking today and hoping that might kick some fat out of me...
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good morning!!! My 2lb gain from last week has gone away so I'm back down to 250.2! Yeahhhhh!!! Now if I could just go down at least 1 more pound I'd be in the 240s :grumble: . Oh well I'll keep trying!! Good luck for next week and good job this week folks!!! :drinker: :smooched:

What's the new challenge??
  • leann_m_olson
    Options
    well i think i am down .25 lbs, hard to tell since i don't have a digital scale, last week it was to the right of 150 now it's on the left. :laugh: Yesterday was a bad day for me to overeat before the weigh in!

My arm stretches are working as my Frozen Shoulder is beginning to thaw, my rotation is better and I can even swim 50 yards of freestyle now, although it is still painful. Looking forward to a 50mile bike ride tomorrow!

amannisto where r u?? I need my challenge :bigsmile:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    YUP GAINED 2LBS LIKE ALWAYS... BLAH!!!
  • LoveDollie
    LoveDollie Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi all, fell off the www for a bit here, too much going on.

Down a bit this week.

Slow is my only pace these days.

Looking for the challenge!
  • leann_m_olson
    Options
    i messaged amanissto, no response, hope everything is ok :frown:
  • Smiley1010
    Smiley1010 Posts: 82
    Options
    I hope so too Leann! I thought I was late since I usually don't check the computer over the weekends, but it seems there's no new link yet!
    Well, I was down about a pound on Friday when I weighed in, but I was bounced back up over the weekend (no big surprise there). I went for a run today after work though - despite the thunderstorm warning! :noway: Don't worry, I made it back before anything started. It's looking pretty gloomy now though...
  • leann_m_olson
    Options
    I hope so too Leann! I thought I was late since I usually don't check the computer over the weekends, but it seems there's no new link yet!
    Well, I was down about a pound on Friday when I weighed in, but I was bounced back up over the weekend (no big surprise there). I went for a run today after work though - despite the thunderstorm warning! :noway: Don't worry, I made it back before anything started. It's looking pretty gloomy now though...
    It can be fun to run in the rain as long as it's not lightning, i wear a baseball hat to keep the water from dripping in my eyes :happy: I took the day off it was 80 and sunny here today, went swimming in the morning and ran in the late afternoon, it's now after dinner and i still have over 400 calories to eat but I'm not hungry. Hoping to get off my 150lb plateu this week.