Pill that increases metabolism and calorie burn

Options
Burn 60 is a thermogenic that supposedly increases your metabolism, therefore increasing calorie burn throughout the day. Today was my first day on it. It gave me a lot of energy to get through my workout. I did level one of the 30 DS and 40 minute intervals on the treadmill (7mph recovery, 10mph sprint). I'd say that the pill is pretty powerful because within 15 minutes of consumption, I was pretty restless and felt like I NEEDED to move.

Side effects wise...I didn't feel so great after dinner as I felt kinda tired. It was like a caffeine crash but I was oddly awake. And I experienced headaches too. I think I'm going to reduce my dosage to one pill as two pills are a little to strong for me.

Has anyone else tried GNC burn 60 before or any other thermogenic supplement?? Do share your experiences!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    As far as thermogenics go, this one looks pretty crappy. But that's kinda what you get when you get GNC supps
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Stuff like that burns out other body systems, such as your adrenals, and you need all of the natural processes to work together for a normal metabolism. Plus they affect mood. Recently was working with a woman who was on a diet and taking these type of pills and she was cranky, ineffective and a pain in the *kitten* by the end of the day.

Google adrenal burnout, I am no medical professional. Just speaking from experience and my own personal reading.
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    Stuff like that burns out other body systems, such as you adrenals, and you need all of the natural processes to work together for a normal metabolism. Plus they affect mood. Recently was working with a woman who was on a diet and taking these type of pills and she was cranky, ineffective and a pain in the *kitten* by the end of the day.

Google adrenal burnout, I am no medical professional. Just speaking from experience and my own personal reading.

You mean to say that pills like these 'suck' energy?
  • hikeout470
    Options
    I have taken stuff like this before and that would be a way to describe it, as far as the way they made me feel.
  • isazzzz
    Options
    I have taken stuff like this before and that would be a way to describe it, as far as the way they made me feel.

But did they work for you though??
  • yisus_
    yisus_ Posts: 4
    Options
    Stick to a good brand of coffee and drink it black without sweeteners. The boost in energy will make you burn more calories per hour.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    no.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Given your other post, I'm confused as to what your goal might be. You're 5'1", 103 pounds, netting 400 odd calories a day. I'd say that you don't need any pills. Eat healthy, eat more than you are currently, workout like you are doing now.
  • isazzzz
    Options
    Given your other post, I'm confused as to what your goal might be. You're 5'1", 103 pounds, netting 400 odd calories a day. I'd say that you don't need any pills. Eat healthy, eat more than you are currently, workout like you are doing now.

I think I've hit a plateau and am trying to speed it up a little bit more. My stats may make me 'look' small in your mind but I'm actually on the chubby side for my height. Flabby tummy/chubby arms and thighs. My weight may not prove it but yeah, I do have quite alot of fat I need to lose.
  • Spanaval
    Options
    I think I've hit a plateau and am trying to speed it up a little bit more. My stats may make me 'look' small in your mind but I'm actually on the chubby side for my height. Flabby tummy/chubby arms and thighs. My weight may not prove it but yeah, I do have quite alot of fat I need to lose.

It's possible that you're what's considered 'skinny fat'. What you need to do is to focus on building muscles, which may in fact increase your weight, but will make you less flabby and more toned. Forget pills and potions. Start incorporating strength training/serious weights into your routine. And eat more. At the current rate, you could be doing some serious damage to your body and slowing your metabolism WAAAAY down, which is counterproductive in the long run.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    From what I've read in your posts it seems you have no weight to lose. You just have to focus on building muscle as a previous poster stated. Eat healthy, eat often, forget the pills, weight train, do cardio.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    OP I think you need to go talk to your doctor. You're already skirting underweight and eating only 400 calories and taking pills because you're 'fat'? You have an eating disorder. What you are doing is not healthy and will cause you health issues for many years to come. Please get some help.
  • isazzzz
    Options
    OP I think you need to go talk to your doctor. You're already skirting underweight and eating only 400 calories and taking pills because you're 'fat'? You have an eating disorder. What you are doing is not healthy and will cause you health issues for many years to come. Please get some help.

Oh god no please do not make any assumptions that I have an eating disorder. I'm not eating ONLY 400 calories. I try to net 1200 and am struggling to do that even when I burn 400 cals through exercise. I am healthy, I eat healthy foods and drink lots of water. I am NOT skirting underweight, did you even check? My BMI is 20 and I am perfectly healthy. If it helps, I'm Asian. We have smaller frames than most people here.
  • Lozze
    Options
    I have your BMI at 19.2 so skirting underweight is correct. And I went based on info someone else posted and since that appears to be wrong I apologize.

If you are Asian and have a small frame how are you still 'overweight' at 100lbs? (I'm using overweight in the sense that you feel you weigh too much for your body) Do you know your body fat %?

Either way taking pills to lose weight is not a good idea.
  • isazzzz
    Options
    I have your BMI at 19.2 so skirting underweight is correct. And I went based on info someone else posted and since that appears to be wrong I apologize.

If you are Asian and have a small frame how are you still 'overweight' at 100lbs? (I'm using overweight in the sense that you feel you weigh too much for your body) Do you know your body fat %?

Either way taking pills to lose weight is not a good idea.

I've never stated that I was overweight...I just want to lose overall body fat and gain muscle.
  • Lozze
    Options
    Diet pills won't help you achieve that goal. Have you looked at lifting weights?
  • Spanaval
    Options
    I'm Asian as well (South-East), the same height, and once upon a time was about 102 pounds. I was not fat, but was not fit at that weight either, and not super skinny. At my fittest, I was about 112 pounds. I understand where you're coming from. The answer though is to eat MORE not less, as counterintuitive as that might seem, eat lots of good, lean protein, and build muscles. Check the fitness forum out for ideas on starting a weight lifting program. It will NOT make you look overmuscled and bulky, but you will lose the flab.
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    I currently take Physio-Burn from GNC. it's exactly what you have without the caffeine. the 3 pills i take are..

Trisynex
    CLA
    Green Tea Extract
  • isazzzz
    Options
    I currently take Physio-Burn from GNC. it's exactly what you have without the caffeine. the 3 pills i take are..

Trisynex
    CLA
    Green Tea Extract

Physio-burn? What does it burn? I thought of trying CLA as well but I"ll try burn 60 first though I heard CLA can be taken together with burn 60.