45 and need to lose 10 lbs, which are apparently glued on

Options
I'm a 45 year old nurse, and had never a need to watch my weight until I hit 40. Years of eating what I want, when I want have caught up with me. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs before summer. Would love to add friends who are doing the same, Biggest diet obstacle??? Bingeing. I can do great all day and then at 9 pm if I start eating , I will not stop. Anyone else?

Replies

• vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I accept all requests. I'm online everyday!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    There's a thread on bingeing that you might look at. Quick suggestions: Throw out any food that's too tempting. Drink water or a low-calorie drink and make it special: Beautiful glass, garnish, etc.

It's great that you're acting now to get control of your weight. I know a lot of people who were thin until they hit middle-age and then when their calorie needs and activity levels changed they kept eating the same and they put on weight that they may never be able to take off.
  • terwhitcomb
    terwhitcomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about being "glued" on - I hear you!! Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • nurse1066
    Options
    I am also 45 and a nurse. I need to lose at least 50. I have lost 14 but i flipflop between 14 and 12. I binge eat. Like yesterday I ate
    everything in site then it makes me so depressed and mad at myself that I don't want to do anything. I have good intensions of walking after work, but rarelydo
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am also 45 and a nurse. I need to lose at least 50. I have lost 14 but i flipflop between 14 and 12. I binge eat. Like yesterday I ate
    everything in site then it makes me so depressed and mad at myself that I don't want to do anything. I have good intensions of walking after work, but rarelydo

I am sending you a request, I know all about the bingeing!!! I avoid the scale as much as possible, I measure every month and it has been my savior! There are great groups for bingeing on here, take one day at a time, we mess up we move on!! Everyday is a new day here you have to work to get what you want!!! We can do it The support I have on here has changed the way I look at myself. I am also seeking counseling for my bingeing and noticing a big difference!!
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    My sister who is also a nurse struggles with the same issue (party due to odd work hours). She doesnt really get time for a descent meal until late. My suggestion to her was packing her own snacks that way if you need to grab something, at least it will be a healthier choice. - Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • isaacsmom99
    isaacsmom99 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am almost 43 and have the same problem. I want to just lose 10-12 pounds. I sit all day in my job and can't get motivated to exercise on a regular basis. I am an emotional eater. I can't stop eating espcially when I am alone. I'm tired of saying "tomorrow I'll do better". I've done Weight Watchers, South Beach, diet supplements, and anything else you can think of. Add me and we'll lose these 10 pounds together!!
  • adelainEC
    Options
    Hi,
    I am so 45 very soon to be 46 and have about 10-15 lbs that just won't go away. Since turning 40 the scale just doesn't move. We have just relocated across the country so I don't have any friends around here to workout with. While my job is very busy I mostly sit and often have to skip meals to catch up and then get caught up with the home routine and don't make time to exercise. I would love to have a group of people to motivate me and help me lose this weight before I turn 46.