My Journey - Day 1 of 30 Day Shred! *HELP*

Options
Okay so I am 30 pounds away from my dream weight of 125, I haven't been there since the 7th grade but I know it is in my near future and I CANNOT wait! I am so excited for the future weight loss and excited to learn more about health, wellness and nutrition. I have already learned so much and I am thankful for the knowledge that I have gained on this journey! I feel better than I have since I was 12 years old, I was diagnosed at 12 with severe Endometriosis, I have had 2 surgeries and gained 60 :noway: pounds from steroids and other 10 :explode: from medications, now weighing in at 155 :happy: I am looking better by the day, and feeling amazing :love: ! So I ordered the 30 day shred and Jillian's new book Master your Metabolism (haven't gotten it yet, but CAN'T wait, I am sucking up any info I can! :bigsmile: ) and I am starting 30 Day Shred when I get home today :smile: , I was wondering if any of you could let me know your results with this, do you like it? I want to start toning up; did it help you a lot with this? What was your weight loss if any? And finally how did you use the 3 stages? I read a few blogs on this and everyone switched them up differently, I am wondering what would be the most effective way to do this?

Thanks! :drinker:

Jess :wink:

Replies

• Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    I hope you enjoy being sore....

You're probably a lot more fit than I am, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is going to take me more than 30 days to complete all levels and difficulties on this program. Just make sure that you don't hurt yourself and take things at a reasonable pace (i.e. don't start the hardest level first).

Good luck and I hope that it works for you!:happy:
  • jessicaelimb
    Options
    Thanks! I love working out, and being sore is more rewarding to me now than it was before! I can't wait to get started! Thanks for the info!
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Where can you get it at? I would like to try something other than walking also! And good luck to you!!
  • jessicaelimb
    Options
    I bought mine off of Amazon, I have heard a LOT of good things about it! The only bad thing I have heard is being sore :smile: fine by me!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the 30 day shred dvd (have the book tho) but I have "banish fat, boost metabolism" dvd by Jillian and if they are anything alike you will be sore! That dvd is pretty hard, or at least for me, I only got through the warmup and 2 circuits and I was out of breath and gasping for air. lol

You will love Master your Metabolism! Its a great book.. I was so into it I finished it in one night without meaning to!
  • jdl249
    jdl249 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi there :)

I am currently in the middle of 30-day shred. I push myself every day on level 1. Jillian advises on her podcast NOT to do it every day if you feel like you're going to die. And believe me, the first few days will literally kick you in the butt. But since I started it about 2 weeks ago, my endurance has dramatically increased and stuff. Take little 5-second breaks if you need to. Oh, and one more thing, when you're logging it here in MFP, log it under "circuit training, general" for about 21 minutes of time.

I would suggest (from experience) you combine it with a few good walks daily. I walk twice a day (morning and near night) and do 30-day shred in the afternoon.

I am still on level 1 only because level 2 makes me feel stupid and uncoordinated at the moment :laugh: but I may upgrade soon, we shall see. I don't see why you should HAVE to do it for 10 days per level, she will tell you to move up when you are ready.

Good luck!!! :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    There's a group of us doing this everyday for a month. If you're interested in joining, or would like to look over how people are liking it the link is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55106-june-shredders-week-1
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just did day one today too! It was tough, but I made it thru level one. I had 8 lb. hand weights and had to stop using them b/c I got so tired. I thought I was in good shape:sad: I am excited to see my results! I am only a few pounds away from my goal weight and want to tone up more. Good luck with it!
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi, today I did it for the first time, and I finished it soaking wet!! It es really a great workout cause it has it all: strength training, cardio, abs...

At first, I plan on doing it every other day (M, W, F), cause I know I'm out of shape so I don't want to hurt myself. The rest of the days I'll walk/jog. Maybe as I get stronger and improve my endurance I'll do it more often... Today I got through it but with all the modified versions, i wont move to level 2 until I can do at least the regular version of it, so it may take more than just 10 day, we'll see.

I did the workout first thing in the morning, and right now Im not sore at all, tomorrow morning may be a different story.

Hope this helps, happy shredding!!!
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    If you go onto youtube you can get Jillian's level 1 30 day shred. It is in 3 parts. I don't know if the other levels are there, but you could try it out before you decide to buy it.