Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So, a reseller, then?
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    I love the Ketchup!!!!! Plus I get the Peanut Butter with Flaxseeds....very yummy
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    They have some dark chocolate "chips" - they are shaped like pringles - you have 12 for 200+ calories, you can be well satisfied with far fewer than 12. Thin, crunchy, delicious.

They also have turkey patty "muffins" with a layer of spinach and a layer of mashed potatoes - these are high in sodium, but a nice small size; easy portion control.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Grab a Garlic Aoli Mustard. Seriously, best stuff ever. I don't live near one anymore but I stockpile that stuff.

wasabi peas
    cereal
    flax tortilla chips
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    They don't re-package. At least not the Trader Jose salsa that my company sells to them! We sell it to them private labeled.
  • OMGLeigh
    Options
    They have oodles of dried fruit. I basically live on banana chips and kettle corn from there as snacks. They're a re-sale-r, so lots of their food is going to be frozen, but not all of it is too high in sodium. Some of their frozen food is heavenly (i.e. any of the Indian food), and the turkey chili (while high in sodium) is chock full of protein and amazing.
    What's a re-sale-r?

oh, oops. Didn't see this reply. Generally, they sell food produced by a variety of manufacturers but repackage it to have a Trader Joe's or Trader Jose's (etc) label on it, but TJ's doesn't actually produce the food. That is one of the major reasons they don't sell soda - because coca cola wouldn't allow them to repackage.

They do sell other brands of soda, but the big ones can require prime shelving space, particular signage, things like that.
  • badmediakarma
    Options
    My favorite things from Trader Joe's are the heirloom tomatoes and frozen turkey burgers. Love the turkey burgers - $2.99 for a box of four. Very easy to make, cook fast and they are minimally processed. I hated turkey burgers til I tried those!
  • reden324
    reden324 Posts: 33
    Options
    Egg white salad (only 100 calories for the whole thing!), The reduced guilt spinach and kale greek yogurt dip and white ruffy fish
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i just like the freeze dried mango and banana. not so much the strawberries. oh and soups. the lentil is delic. tomato pepper too..
  • OMGLeigh
    Options
    They don't re-package. At least not the Trader Jose salsa that my company sells to them! We sell it to them private labeled.
    I think she is talking about how they private label many things. If TJ's can privatize a label and give a better deal they will.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    their pizza dough is outstanding.
  • joy31021
    Options
    went to TJ yesterday with very smart dd and fooducate (free app that I love) Spent an hour reading and grading and left with less than half than expected - not all healthy- but a friendly place to shop
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So much to love about TJ's!

Soy ginger cod (frozen)
    European style chocolate yogurt
    Cranberry walnut gorgonzola salad dressing
    Champagne pear vinaigrette salad dressing
    Asian style spicy peanut vinaigrette salad dressing
    Habanero lime salsa
    Sodium-free wheat bread

As others in this forum have said, read nutrition labels carefully. Not everything there is healthy--by a long shot.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Oh, and don't miss their frozen vegetables! Good quality and good prices!
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    Their premade wheat pizza dough is good when you are pressed for time and can't make your own. It's only 99 cents too! I love the dark chocolate covered cranberries too. Not related to food, but I love the variety of flowers there. I always buy flowers for every occasion there and they are pretty cheap.
  • aprilwoo97
    aprilwoo97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    They have low fat muenster. I swear it is impossible to find anywhere else.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's too! Their fruit and nut bars are pretty good.....as well as their mini party size meatballs (not as fatty as normal ones). They also have a large variety of healthy breads.

I don't usually buy their meats or vegetables, they are usually higher in the meat dept prices, mainly. Vegetable prices are a little high though, but they have super fresh organic veges too.
  • joy31021
    Options
    bump
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TRADER JOE'S
    BUY
    Seaweed snacks (salty, crunchy and like 40 calories for a whole box)
    Skinny Fries (super delicious, and only 100 calories for like 65 pieces)

They had this roasted tomato, corn and goat cheese soup out for taste testing there which was deliciousssssss. I think you need to buy their frozen corn, their goat cheese , and organic roasted red pepper tomato broth or something MMMM
    I cannot tell you how delicious it is.