Help... I know I can do this again!

Options
Well.. I have come to the conclusion I CAN NOT do this myself! I need help and support. Brief background.. at one point I weighted over 310lbs... lost 150 lbs.. decided to have another child gained 81lbs.. and I have only dropped about 10-20lbs since having her... And her 2nd birthday was this last Monday! URG!!!! My goal is to lose about 50lbs.. I was hoping to have it off by now but.. I have had a lot of stressers in my life after my daughter was born when she was 6 weeks old my husband of 8 years decided that he was done and board with the marriage and left me with two beautiful girls... well two years later I have met an amazing man that loves me for me and in 5 weeks we are getting married! I was hoping to be down in weight but my biggest problem is that he loves me for me! So it's hard to get out and want to lose the weight.. but all's I can see is the old person when I was up in my weight and I don't want to get back there. I need to get back on the band wagon and get this weigh off!! I know it doesn't happen over night I know I'm not going to be thin for my wedding day but I know that I will still be beautiful and can slowly lose after I just need help getting motivated! I know the tools... watch what you eat. count calories. work out .. but I'm missing the biggest key! Support! And that's why I'm back here can you please help out??

One more thing.. I still have stress in my life(who doesn't right) with my ex and my oldest daughter is still having a hard time with me and her dad not being together anymore, so for me I find comfort in food.. which I know is SO WRONG.. How can I work through this when I get stressed out! So I don't run right to the refrigerator and put everything into my mouth when I know I"m not hungry just upset!??

Thank for taking the time to read!

Sheena :smile:

Replies

• nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a good place to come for support for sure. Feel free to add me as a part of that support.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP and Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You can send me a friend request.
  • cyndilipkovitch
    Options
    You can send me a friend request! You can do this!
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are not the only one that knows what you should do but it doesn't make it easy. We all are on the same journey and have our set backs and have to learn as we go how to deal with our stressors. I am having a problem with getting control of my eating. I know I can do it because I've lost some before but never to goal. We all have to admit when we need help and that's what we're all here for. Join the journey with us and we can help each other! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You CAN do this! MFP makes us all accountable.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I also have eating control issues. It's nice having others to relate to.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Welcome, lots of good people and support here.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheena.
    I wasn't at my ideal weight on my wedding day. That didn't even matter that day though. I was 190 back in 2003 or so and lost 50 pounds. I kept it off for awhile, but after I got married, bought a house, got a dog and lost the job I worked so hard for, just to name a few, I went up to 220. The emotional eating is awful! You have to put your foot down and think about it before you start eating. Logging your calories is a great way to do that! It's the best thing to do for you and your family.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement!!! I know I can do this! :)

And I'm here to help you as well...