Losing Weight While Hubby Is Deployed

Options
Any ladies out there looking to lose or in the process of losing weight while hubby is deployed? I've already lost 37 pounds after having our baby almost 10 weeks ago. I want to lose 37 more before he comes home.

Replies

• Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yep :smile: I am trying to get in shape while he is deployed.
  • Apresner
    Apresner Posts: 32
    Options
    It's a great motivator! I have 26 more to go!
  • luckyiranch
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight but, my hubby is not int he army but he does travel for his job.We are about to have to live apart :( .
    I don't know how you girls can do it. I see him on Saturdays and I don't like it.

Good luck on the weight loss!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends has made AMAZING progress and she is extremely supportive, motivating and inspiring. Here's a post she made recently:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/601958--70-pounds-while-my-husband-has-been-deployed-pic
  • Cyanid3
    Options
    It's a great motivator! I have 26 more to go!

It really is a great motivator. It makes the sweat from working out that much greater, haha. I'm just waiting for the pounds to melt off any day now.
  • katykosto
    katykosto Posts: 80
    Options
    My boyfriend was deployed last year left Feb 3rd and when he left I was 204lbs when he came home I was 167lbs =] I felt AMAZING...but then we were moving around trying to get settled and I game 27lbs back since thanksgiving =[ So now that hes home and out of the army and now National Guard Florida I am back at it again....
  • InfinityDragonfly
    Options
    My fiance (soon to be husband) is on a tanker for 3 months, I am trying desperately to lose weight when he is gone this time. I gained when he was home, because we eat our all the time. :P

My goal, 15 lbs in the 15 weeks he'll be gone. And I'm already behind as he has been gone 3 weeks already. And then to stay at that weight when he is home, perhaps drop, but slower.
  • katykosto
    katykosto Posts: 80
    Options
    My boyfriend is a tanker too! Was First Cav Fort Hood Texas =]
    My fiance (soon to be husband) is on a tanker for 3 months, I am trying desperately to lose weight when he is gone this time. I gained when he was home, because we eat our all the time. :P

My goal, 15 lbs in the 15 weeks he'll be gone. And I'm already behind as he has been gone 3 weeks already. And then to stay at that weight when he is home, perhaps drop, but slower.
  • Cyanid3
    Options
    My boyfriend is a tanker too! Was First Cav Fort Hood Texas =]

Lmao! First Cav woot! I'm stuck here at Fort Hood.
  • Apresner
    Apresner Posts: 32
    Options
    Sorry ladies. Good old MFP wasn't letting me know anyone commented on this! LOL. Ive lost 56 pounds now, I have 18 more to go to my goal and hubby is still going to be gone 4 more months. =o( I wish he could come home already. I just started insanity 6 days ago....it is kicking my butt!
  • Cyanid3
    Options
    Sorry ladies. Good old MFP wasn't letting me know anyone commented on this! LOL. Ive lost 56 pounds now, I have 18 more to go to my goal and hubby is still going to be gone 4 more months. =o( I wish he could come home already. I just started insanity 6 days ago....it is kicking my butt!

Good for you for losing the weight! Congrats!
    I know how you feel. I've got 20lbs to lose and we are halfway through our deployment. I wish he'd come back already too!
    Good luck with Insanity, I've heard great things about it and might start that someday after my Jillian Michaels DVDs.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am not married.. but I have been with my boyfriend for almost four years =) He is at BT right now and he leaves for AIT for 17 weeks right afterwards.. I want to get to 159.9 by his graduation and then drop into the 140s by the time he is done with all of this training =D