what keeps me up at night:

Options
StevLL
StevLL Posts: 921 Member
Okay how come when a guys pants are too tight we have a spare tire and when a woman does it's a muffin top?

Replies

• sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Okay how come when a guys pants are to tight we have a spare tire and when a woman does it's a muffin top?

:noway: really?
  • tinkerbek
    tinkerbek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ha! i guess someone out there decided tires were more manly!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    because, according to Elaine on Seinfeld, while a woman's body is beautiful, a man's body is utilitarian - like a jeep.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I remember hearing spare tire when I was little and watching a diet pill (the one that expands in your stomach to make you feel full so you don't eat) commercial. Didn't hear "muffin top" until I was in college. Not sure why the difference. Maybe muffin top has a more sounds more women-like than spare tire? Dunno.

In other news, I heard one of my coworkers say "what if I've gone from a muffin to a whole pound cake?"

JM
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    i think they both suck lol you can be a muffin top anytime you want my lil blueberry lol but i am not gonna be a spare tire or a muffin top just a fat cow lol
  • sunnmuun
    Options
    i guess my mind works differently...muff-in top...
  • Selah37
    Selah37 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LOL, I never put thought to that! I'd qualify mine as a loaf at this time, a muffin is to small and cute. haha.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose, I'd rather eat a muffin top than a spare tire.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ok, so maybe I'm overthinkng this, lol, but to me, womens jeans are made to when they're too tight, the fat actually spills out over the top, causing what looks like the top of a muffin. This is because we have a waist that comes in considerably.

Men, on the other hand, are more straight up and down, and the fat, causes more of a bulging, rather than an overhang, because your jeans just fit around and don't come in at the waist.

Or maybe I'm way off base.
  • sunnmuun
    Options

:laugh:
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just an old fashioned stereo-type (:ohwell: shows my age, lol). In the past women's work was always in the kitchen, while men were out fixing cars or tractors etc... so the roll of fat got named for that. :wink:
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So this keeps you up ? Hmmm
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Maybe you would sleep better in looser pants?
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Cause the Michellin man is tough...

And muffins are tasty... mmmmm... muffins.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i guess my mind works differently...muff-in top...

LOL This!!
  • LeoQuin
    LeoQuin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Top of the muffin to you
  • LeoQuin
    LeoQuin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cause the Michellin man is tough...

And muffins are tasty... mmmmm... muffins.

HAHA
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Pretty sure this term emerged with the advent of the "low rise" jeans, which are usually worn by women. Wearing jeans that low when you have love handles and a belly causes "spillage." Hence, "muffin top."
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Okay how come when a guys pants are too tight we have a spare tire and when a woman does it's a muffin top?

Speak for yourself. When my pants are too tight I have a very manly Bat Utility Belt.

And loss of circulation.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Men with spare tires where there pants under there bellys. We wear ours across ours.