Help!

Options
I lost the five pounds I wanted too but am now struggling to keep it off. I have all of a sudden became hungry and am never satisfied. I don't know if the fact that I am breastfeeding has something to do with it but I am afraid to just pig out because I did that with my first daughter and gained 25 pounds. I know that I have an eating disorder so do I need to see a doctor or just work through this faze? If I don't eat or eat something sweet I end up getting light headed. Any advice on how to beat this thing would be great.

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I lost the five pounds I wanted too but am now struggling to keep it off. I have all of a sudden became hungry and am never satisfied. I don't know if the fact that I am breastfeeding has something to do with it but I am afraid to just pig out because I did that with my first daughter and gained 25 pounds. I know that I have an eating disorder so do I need to see a doctor or just work through this faze? If I don't eat or eat something sweet I end up getting light headed. Any advice on how to beat this thing would be great.
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Please don't mess around with this if you are breastfeeding. You want to have a healthy milk supply for that precious baby. If you have a known eating disorder please check in with your doctor especially while you are still nursing.
    I'm not a professional but as for the dizziness it sounds like your blood sugars aren't stable enough. I would imagine that while nursing it would be imperative to eat small nutritious meals multiple times a day. Say 4 - 6 small meals daily.
    Good luck and don't worry about a few pounds here and there. You've got a much more important job right now and that's being a 'mommy'
    Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    When you're nursing it takes more calories to make milk. My doctor told me that I needed to consume 800 more calories a day on top of whatever I need to maintain my weight just to produce enough milk. I know that when you're nursing it's hard to think about yourself but you have to. If you don't want to eat big meals, have a snack(something healthy) while you're nursing. It helps because you have to sit to nurse and it's a good way to take care of you both. Good luck and trust me talk to your doctor if you're needing help- they understand! Congratulations:happy: on the little one!!
  • megan0313
    Options
    You definitely have to listen to your body when you're breast feeding. Breast milk is very high in fat, so your body needs fat to produce healthy milk. I nursed my children each for over a year, ate a fairly high fat diet and still lost my baby weight (plus ome). My advise would be to eat when you're hungry, but make it healthy foods, lean meats, all the fruits and veggies you can handle, and of course, plenty of dairy. I've also struggled with eating disorders in the past, so I can sympathize with your fears. When I craved something sweet, I'd have some milk with a little vanilla and sugar (it's really good warm too), or some frozen yogurt. Best of Luck to you :)