Stretch Calories

I recently started Turbo Fire. There's a 12 min stretch session at the end of my workout. I'm debating whether I should count the calories I burned from stretching. I use my polar FT4 Heart Rate monitor to figure out my calories burned.

For example: Today I did 16 min of HIIT training and then 12 min of stretch immediately afterwards. During my stretch session, my heart rate has been consistently above 110 due to recently finishing intense aerobic. My calorie burned showed up as 72 calories for stretching.

Do you guys count the calories you burned from stretching?

Replies

• tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Honestly, I think you should. Your moving your body, its physical. My opinion though.
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Thanks for your reply. I'm sure the HRM will show less calories burned if I don't do the stretch immediately after high intensity aerobic workout.
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Bump, does anyone else have any input on this?
  • I always input my stretching. 15 minutes after my initial cardio warm-up, and 15 minutes after i'm done with my cardio/strength training... totalling 30 minutes of stretching that I log every day! :)
  • yeowiepower
    yeowiepower Posts: 31 Member
    i don't count stretching.... but then again i dont count weight training either...

i have a polar FT7, and being that it counts calories via heart rate... it doesnt know what sort of exersise you are doing... i would have thought that stretching is pretty static... and being that you are doing it from a stationary position your muscles aren't working to balance yourself and readjust weight distribution that you would get from walking.... now if you do dynamic stretching on the other hand like front kicks and side leg raises i would think that could be counted.
  • pecany
    pecany Posts: 10
    I hit the 'start' button as soon as the warm up begins and end it after I am totally finished. Your body is still burning calories during your cool down or stretch and you are still moving so there's no harm in counting it in.
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    When I do the stretch for TF, I do log it. There are days that you do a longer stretch (40 minutes) and won't do the cardio with it. It is a Yoga routine, just like the shorter one. It counts, girl, even though you aren't burning as much as the other TF workouts, you are still increasing your heart rate and blood flow and doing good for your body!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    I always count the stretch 10.

btw tf rocks, and you will love it.