Mcdonalds.

Options
13»

Replies

• marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    small fry, salads, hamburger & they have fruit cups/ice tea :)
  • BodyFreak
    BodyFreak Posts: 68
    Options
    You can get anything at mcdonalds as long as its on moderation with your diet
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    McDonalds isn't out of the question. Eat what fits your calories and macronutrients. It's not healthy or unhealthy. Similarly, no one meal is healthy or unhealthy. What matters is the bigger picture. My advice? Eat what you want there AS LONG AS IT FITS YOUR CALORIES AND MACROS. That's it. Don't go to McDonalds and try to eat "healthy." Enjoy yourself. Unless you're eating at McDonalds every single day, the choice won't make a lick of difference. Seriously, are you going to go there and order a sandwich or salad with next to nothing? You're going to pay a premium for bland food? Sounds silly.

This x100.

I love getting a double cheesburger for lunch on a lifting day. Just enough calories to keep me full until after work, plus it's got fat and protein to power my workouts. :)

I wouldn't recommend eating there every day, but once in a while isn't that big of a deal. As long as calories and macros are in line you should be good to go (and those cheeseburgers have some some serious protein-calorie ratios going on).
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would go to Subway over McDonalds. You add in all the veggies you want.
  • kermie019
    kermie019 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get the kids meal. I travel at least once a month and sometimes options are limited. Any fast food place, I get the kids meals which is probably closer to normal portion sizes. I noticed now that they have a kids fries, which is 100 calories and they give you apples. I will get salads from some places like Chick Fil A. I also like the fruit and walnuts.
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The southwest chicken salad is my current favorite "treat" food. And I never thought I would say that about a salad! I do try to limit myself to a couple times a month, and I pack my meals the rest of the time.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    But stay away from the fries, shakes, frappes, fried chickens... The shakes are possibly the worst thing on the menu...along with some of the breakfasts choices... Always ask for nutritional information...it's on the back of the tray liners.

The frappes are to DIE for. I splurge on one about once a week. A small with no whip and no drizzle but still nearly 400 calories. And TOTALLY worth it LOL.