Nike Shox

Options
fitzfour
fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
Hey All! Happy Friday!!

I am shopping for some new shoes, and have been recommended by several people to try the Nike Shox, as they are apparently good for Aerobic or high impact exercises. Do any of you own these and think they really are different than any other type of shoe? I have researched and they are quite spendy, and I'm not so convinced they are any better than any other good cross trainer. Let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    they are nice looking but man they killed my feet..
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    I do long distance running and turbo jam (aerobics) and love them. HOWEVER..it depends on your foot. I have thin feet..so they work well for me. A lot of people don't like them as they don't fit their feet well...so have your foot fitted to a shoe to see if it works. They def are cool looking!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I would go with Adidas Megabounce, they have that cool look and they actually work:happy: I bought a pair earlier in the year and love them, my girlfriend later bought a pair and loves them and now her mom has a pain and SHE loves them. So we all have 5 star reviews and its not just because of looks.
  • happyplace
    happyplace Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a pair (got as a gift) and I really like them. I don't know if I would have bought them for myself due to the price (and due to the fact that my idea of buying shoes is getting a new pair of flip flops! :laugh: ), but I'm glad they were given to me!
  • llmgold11
    llmgold11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I own several pairs of Nike Shox and for my Spin class they are wonderful since I refuse to invest in a pair of special shoes. For running however--I have chosen New Balance Zip 1306's. I got them for $50 at I believe Finishline. I find that they cushion my feet alot better and I don't feel like I'm carrying bricks on my feet.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I have repeatedly heard that running in Shox has the equivalent physical impact of running in high heels. I don't know about for aerobics, but I would think the heel instability factor would also apply.
  • krisloock
    krisloock Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree with the earlier poster who said it depends on your feet. When I was younger I ran in shox all the time and they were great...many years and two kids (and wider feet!) later, I had to return a new pair I bought because they were killing my lateral foot. This was many weeks ago and my foot still hurts! I replaced them with Asics Gel Nimbus shoes which feel MUCH cushier!