Finally off of the blood pressure medication!!!!woot woot

Options
Hi all....just had to share that I finally got the okay from my doctor to stop taking my blood pressure medication all together!!! It was my goat to try exercise and diet and alter my lifestyle so that I was not relying on a pill everyday and the hard work has paid off!!! They never did figure out why my bp was so high (no diabetes, overweight, renal issues), but, it stayed elevated for over 4 years and was recently placed on medication. I am so thankful to not take that pill everyday....I am not antimedication by any stretch of the imagination, but, the side effects were ridiculous!!! This is reason enough for me to stick to a healthy lifestyle and smart choices, but, the way my body feels outweighs this. I feel incredible!! Amazing how your body loves you back when you mind what you fuel it with!!!!

Just had to share!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Oh WOW! Congratulations! Please, please tell me how you did it! What kind of workouts were you doing? Were you on a special diet? I'm also on bp medication and have been for about 4 years now. I've never been severly over weight (or as my doctor put it, "You're not THAT overweight"), I'm 5'8 and at my heaviest I was 165 pounds. And I'm only 29... they've never been able to find a concrete reason for me either. I also started this program to try and get off my meds, and I am incredibly encouraged by this posting! Any insight you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Diana
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT news! :flowerforyou: So happy for you!!!
  • SassyDiva
    SassyDiva Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a major accomplishment and I can only imagine how happy you are. I went for a physical a little over a month ago and found out that I had high bp...140/110. I'm currently on meds and when I went to my follow up appt last week, my bp was down to 122/82, so I'm getting back to normal and I feel great!!!

Like you, I have drastically changed my eating habits and I have committed to working out for at least 30 minutes daily so I purchased the Wii and the Wii Fit and I am having a great time while staying healthy. Got it 8 days ago and have already lost 3 lbs!

Congratulations, again!

220478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • aimeecamilien
    Options
    amazing!
  • shalinik78
    shalinik78 Posts: 82
    Options
    Congratulations !!! Must be feeling sooooo good :flowerforyou:
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Oh WOW! Congratulations! Please, please tell me how you did it! What kind of workouts were you doing? Were you on a special diet? I'm also on bp medication and have been for about 4 years now. I've never been severly over weight (or as my doctor put it, "You're not THAT overweight"), I'm 5'8 and at my heaviest I was 165 pounds. And I'm only 29... they've never been able to find a concrete reason for me either. I also started this program to try and get off my meds, and I am incredibly encouraged by this posting! Any insight you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Diana

Thanks....I found a nutritionist that put me on the right path...I never struggled with weight,but my diet was horrible!!!!! My meal plan right now is not that strict at all and I feel invincible!!!! Just knowing what to eat together and when to eat it has simplified my life and helped me reach my goal to not be on any bp meds.....not having a reason was the toughest for me...just felt like my body was betraying me way younger than what I was ready for!!!! I do not add any table salt to any of my food and drink lots of water, water, water...that is the very first step. Meals are multigrain cheerios, skim milk, pecans for bfast or eggs toast and a dip of natural pb - snacks are banana w/ natural pb or cheese with pecans - lunch can be ww bread with Boar's head smoked turkey breast and spicy mustard (Boars Head has less sodium than most)and some more nuts, dinner is veggies and lean meat, with a fat somewhere in there and pm snack is a protein shake post workout. Usually about 1600 cals or so till all said and done (thought this would be alot for me - I am only 5' tall....but, my body uses/needs it with the workouts. Workouts are nothing special....strength train a lil over an hour til all said and done and cardio anywhere from 30-40 mins (I like intense cardio - all or nothing for me lol) and that is about it...I have been doing this eating method and exercise program since March 11th and happy to be sans bp meds!!!! I have drastically increased my lean muscle mass as well with my diet/exercise - I think this is what helps me feel so "strong".....it is such a nice feeling.

My body looks so very much different than it did 3 mos ago......

You can't out train a diet....words to live by!!!

Good Luck!

Sheryl
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a major accomplishment and I can only imagine how happy you are. I went for a physical a little over a month ago and found out that I had high bp...140/110. I'm currently on meds and when I went to my follow up appt last week, my bp was down to 122/82, so I'm getting back to normal and I feel great!!!

Like you, I have drastically changed my eating habits and I have committed to working out for at least 30 minutes daily so I purchased the Wii and the Wii Fit and I am having a great time while staying healthy. Got it 8 days ago and have already lost 3 lbs!

Congratulations, again!

220478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Glad to hear that your bp is better with the meds....even on my meds (tried several) it didn't help my bp a whole lot. Highest was 210/106 and best on meds was 148/101...for the past month it has been right around 128/90....diastolic is borderline, but much much better than before and good enough for doc to let me off the meds......:tongue:

Great news about the weight loss...and the healthier eating. Regardless of what it does for your bp, the benefits are awesome all the way around. Your body will love you for it.

Please do not ever stop taking your bp meds without your docs supervision...even if you feel good. I did that around xmas and boy did I pay for it....that is what sent me to that 210/106.....what a horrible feeling. Slow and steady will win the race and your doc will be in for a pleasant surprise when you go back for a check up.....

Good Luck!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so awesome :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!