Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Staying on track when sick.

I have been sick for a week and am having trouble staying in my calorie goals. I keep reaching for comfort foods and unfortunately I am consuming allot of them. I also have not been able to get out and get any activity. I could use some ideas for what to do when sick to not go way overboard. I have fought too hard to let being ill send me backwards.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    I overeat when I'm sick too. I don't actually track when sick, but I know that I'm eating more than my alloted calories. I generally just figure my body needs those calories to give it the energy to fight off the infection and then get back on track when I feel better.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    I track even when sick. i feel compelled to! I hate that when I am feeling really crappy I have no resistance! Thank you for responding! Perhaps someone will have an idea or two how to combat this.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 833 Member
    I know it is tough when your sick. For me when I'm sick I just eat soup and lots of it, but I do like to sweat it out of me so I will hope on my spin bike and just peddle as hard as I can.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
  • mccarol1956
    Thanks Jenn I do appreciate the comment I can't seem to get soups in. They do not sound good. Carbs are what I crave and over eat. i will try to force soups. I only wish I had a bike!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    I got sick not to long after joining MFP...
    I tracked everything...even if I went over...
    I was also crazy and went to the gym while feeling like crap
    but I would go and walk on the treadmill...even if I could only last 20 minutes
    I ended up only being sick for about 4 days...one of which I was too sick to go to the gym
    I think getting sweaty at the gym really helped me to get over being sick sooner :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    I do my best when I get sick. Earlier in march I got sick but couldn't eat much mostly liquid. I stayed focused on clear liquids and lots of water. It took close to 3 weeks to finally get rid of the cold!
  • mccarol1956
    I can only hope that 3 weeks does not happen here I think that I screwed myself up when I went on as 12 mile walk one of the days I was, sick, a 3 mile one the next day and then a 2.5 mile one the next day.. It all felt horrible but I did it anyway. I think my resistance must be way down. I am going out to walk again now, it is either that or eat more. I know this will all pass but I sure wish I had the skills to deal with it better.