Insanity...who has done it and did ya like it?

Options
Hey fellow mfpers.....who has done insanity and did you like it...i cant do a single push up and am a little timid about trying it.

Replies

• hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    I haven't done it yet. I am doing turbofire at the moment and want to do insanity after but I feel really scared to do it!! I couldn't do a push up a few months back either but the other day for the first time, I found them a lot easier! I think it is because I have really built up my core strength over the past months. I think that really helps. I am sure the more you practise, the more you can do. Maybe someone else can tell us how they do it when they aren't/weren't strong at a particular move
  • Thenewhm
    Thenewhm Posts: 2
    Options
    I've done Insanity as well as Asylum... You will love it! Don't worry about not being able to do push-ups or pull ups... Start off with "girl push-ups" (on your knees instead of on your toes). And if that is even too hard, start off with using a wall or coffee table for an incline for you to place your hands on instead of the floor... Makes push-ups much easier if you lack the initial upper body strength to do them the traditional way. Focus on your form. Straight core with your butt down and in line with your body. I couldn't do a single push up before I started and now I can do them all day long... (not really) :-) I'm getting ready to start the P90X Lean in a few weeks... Super excited! Best of luck!!!!! You will LOVE the results!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight - I'm terrified! But everything can be modified as you're building strength. Remember you don't get better unless you push yourself.

If I'm still able to type tomorrow I'll let you know how I do!