How much difference in calories between sedentary and lightl

nicki17
nicki17 Posts: 41 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
We are trying to readjust goals and settings and since I think I am not sedentary (only my job) and possibly not active enough for lightly active, how much difference in allowance would I get with both. I am 5'2 160lbs and have a desk job. I also have 2 kids which keep me busy and exercise once or twice a day. I have stuck to what i am supposed to eat and have tried to eat most of my exercise calories and not much has happened. Just a note I have been stuck around the same spot for over 2 years basically. In that time I have really watched what I ate and have exercised the entire time. From all I have read, I think I probably am not getting enough calories. I think my metabolism has slowed so much for that long that is why I am not losing. We are leaving for Las Vegas Tuesday. I know just from having to eat out those 4 days I will definitely eat my calories while on the trip. We bought a HRM to get an accurate count of exercise calories when I get back. We are hoping eating more on the trip than I usually do will slowly get my metabolism going. Then when we get back, I plan to try and up my calories and try to eat most if not all my exercise calories. I was just curious if I changed my profile to lightly active if that would give me how many more calories. Even if I lose slower and know my metabolism is going to speed up over time I will be happy. Is this a good plan? Hope it works.

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I just adjusted my settings this morning from moderately active to lightly active and my daily calories went from 1,380 to 1,220...
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Why not look at what it tell you now and then go ahead and change it to lightly active. You'll see the exact difference for your goals. It is easy to change back and it doesn't hurt anything.
This discussion has been closed.